Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Langlitz Cascade Unfit compared with TWC at last and Real Mccoys Buco J-31

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
seems like their pattern works if you wear your jacket short, as soon as you want the body panel to be long enough to cover your belt, then it breaks up the whole balance, then suddenly the arm hole and neck hole become bigger too and to compensate the sized up sleeve hole then the sleeve is then tapered down into carrot shaped, all the good looking langlitz are all worn short with exposed pants belt

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
langlitz2.jpeg langlitz1.jpeg
seems like they look good in this proportion, but as soon as you want it longer, it messes up everything.

Attachments

• langlitz3.jpeg
    langlitz3.jpeg
    11.9 KB · Views: 98

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
View attachment 521989 View attachment 521988
seems like they look good in this proportion, but as soon as you want it longer, it messes up everything.
I know that the dhc has a short body length, my design is set the body length of my cascade to barely cover the belt, coz I don't want it to be too short. The front is basically acceptable. But the neck waist chest are oversized and hardly tolerable to me.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I have sent them the pictures, and they have the same opinion as the tailor I consulted yesterday that the neck hole is way too big. And as the neck hole is cut, it's impossible to downsize that one, otherwise you have to cut the jacket from the middle. And the pattern may change, they advise me to return and refund. But personally I am still very upset about this. And I don't have a chance to show up at their store and did not work it out with them. Which means it's impossible for me to own a deaths head cascade or a padded cascade like Ralph Lauren, such a huge regret for me.

I do get your disappointment. It´s just a jacket, but with all that time and effort invested in it and then being shown the door is quite the downer.

What I don´t get is why Langlitz seem unwilling to a remake. They can at least retain their profit-margin once (as opposed to no revenue AND plenty of extra time) plus position themselves as one maker who stands behind their product. It doesn´t really sit well with me to send them dozens of measurements, indicate my fit preference and being told to bugger off after THEY didn´t get it right.
Maybe there´s always an element of emotional denial with very smalls firms if the customer is not happy. Let´s hope they don´t go full Himel in the future.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
I do get your disappointment. It´s just a jacket, but with all that time and effort invested in it and then being shown the door is quite the downer.

What I don´t get is why Langlitz seem unwilling to a remake. They can at least retain their profit-margin once (as opposed to no revenue AND plenty of extra time) plus position themselves as one maker who stands behind their product. It doesn´t really sit well with me to send them dozens of measurements, indicate my fit preference and being told to bugger off after THEY didn´t get it right.
Maybe there´s always an element of emotional denial with very smalls firms if the customer is not happy. Let´s hope they don´t go full Himel in the future.
Yeah I think i may stick to off the rack in the future, there is too much uncertainty for made-to-measure. At least I could reconfirm the size from different dealers to give a proper measurement and from past experience from other buyers I may get the idea that I fit or not. Not like MTM, spent great amount of time to communicate but end up unsatisfactory between me and the workshops. I am both mentally and physically exhausted that Made-to-measure is no longer my option

Last edited:

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Can confirm that the uncharge for Horse Hide is 1200 USD. I got a quote for a HH '47 Columbia and that was what they wanted for Horse. I think the made to measure price in cow or goat is a value, but new a new HH......I think I'd be sticking with something easy - peasy- Japanesey and off the rack that I could try on first (If I was living there obvs).
I think you misread. The HH was a $200 upcharge, then shipping/insurance/Japanese duties were the additional $1100.

Personally if I get a Langlitz I think I'd go goat.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Yeah I think i may stick to off the rack in the future, there is too much uncertainty for made-to-measure. At least I could reconfirm the size from different dealers to give a proper measurement and from past experience from other buyers I may get the idea that I fit or not. Not like MTM, spent great amount of time to communicate but end up unsatisfactory between me and the workshops. I am both mentally and physically exhausted that Made-to-measure is no longer my option
I would just look for 1950s/1960s Langlitz instead of that modern crap. The only good-looking modern Langlitz I saw was on @Canuck Panda , the rest was meh. Bulky and shapeless.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Can confirm that the uncharge for Horse Hide is 1200 USD. I got a quote for a HH '47 Columbia and that was what they wanted for Horse. I think the made to measure price in cow or goat is a value, but new a new HH......I think I'd be sticking with something easy - peasy- Japanesey and off the rack that I could try on first (If I was living there obvs).

Wow, that´s an unbelievable price! Thats is more than most makers charge for a whole HH jacket. That´s a pretty blunt way of saying that they don´t want to do horse, right?!

Tom71

Call Me a Cab

Yes, that´s the route I usually take when available. With a more or less average built you can at least rule out the risk of the dimensions being totally off. I have of course had occasions where I thought I should have sized one up or down, but the only massive sizing fail was on a MTM jacket as a return customer.

Gypsymoth82

A-List Customer
Wow, that´s an unbelievable price! Thats is more than most makers charge for a whole HH jacket. That´s a pretty blunt way of saying that they don´t want to do horse, right?!
That's the impression that I got actually. Before I found my vintage one, I asked how much it would cost to have a fur lined Columbia made, and they straight up said that they don't like doing them, and tried to steer me towards a standard one in goat or cow. Here's the quote for a HH Columbia:

Total cost estimate:
Columbia…….$1200
The little features that make it a “47” that we charge for….$150
Horsehide…..$1200
Crown Spring zipper….$225
Fur collar…….$200 (if you want that little extra piece that’s attached to the fur collar in the picture you sent, add $30. It’s called an “apple wamer”, and you’ll need to ask for it specifically.)
So, $2975 plus shipping.

Required downpayment: For a horsehide jacket, the deposit is $1150.
Estimated timeline after deposit: Right now, we’re running right around 10 to 12 months from the date of your deposit.
Military discount (gotta ask): Yes! 5% discount for current and retired members of the American armed forces. We just need to see a copy of your military I.D. card.

I have to say, if you are going to deal with Langlitz, talk to Scott. He's super kind and helpful, which is more than I can say for Benny.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
That's the impression that I got actually. Before I found my vintage one, I asked how much it would cost to have a fur lined Columbia made, and they straight up said that they don't like doing them, and tried to steer me towards a standard one in goat or cow. Here's the quote for a HH Columbia:

Total cost estimate:
Columbia…….$1200
The little features that make it a “47” that we charge for….$150
Horsehide…..$1200
Crown Spring zipper….$225
Fur collar…….$200 (if you want that little extra piece that’s attached to the fur collar in the picture you sent, add $30. It’s called an “apple wamer”, and you’ll need to ask for it specifically.)

So, $2975 plus shipping.
Required downpayment: For a horsehide jacket, the deposit is $1150.
Estimated timeline after deposit: Right now, we’re running right around 10 to 12 months from the date of your deposit.
Military discount (gotta ask): Yes! 5% discount for current and retired members of the American armed forces. We just need to see a copy of your military I.D. card.

I have to say, if you are going to deal with Langlitz, talk to Scott. He's super kind and helpful, which is more than I can say for Benny.

Puh. I will now no longer hear complaints about Lost Worlds price policy.

Psant25

One Too Many
What size do you normally wear? If we are close you can use my most recent jacket number/ID from them as a reference point. It fits great and pretty standard measurements 23 pit 19.5 shoulder 25 back 25.5 sleeve etc. sold it but not for reasons of fit. I think scott said it was a 44 base. I have a 40 chest wear a 42 jacket generally. Sleeves are nice and trim had them narrowed three times on subsequent columbias from the original balloon arms. Purchased four new jackets from them. They remade the first one fit was horrible. Benny gave me heck my last order and i have said this before. They had some notes on me that I was difficult or something even after paying thousands of dollars to them and only one remake request. The other jackets I sold on my own did not ask for anything from them.

puiyc1203

One of the Regulars
What size do you normally wear? If we are close you can use my most recent jacket number/ID from them as a reference point. It fits great and pretty standard measurements 23 pit 19.5 shoulder 25 back 25.5 sleeve etc. sold it but not for reasons of fit. I think scott said it was a 44 base. I have a 40 chest wear a 42 jacket generally. Sleeves are nice and trim had them narrowed three times on subsequent columbias from the original balloon arms. Purchased four new jackets from them. They remade the first one fit was horrible. Benny gave me heck my last order and i have said this before. They had some notes on me that I was difficult or something even after paying thousands of dollars to them and only one remake request. The other jackets I sold on my own did not ask for anything from them.
I think I would follow their suggestion of return and refund and reschedule later then. If there is any new problems arisen from the remade jacket that would be worse off for both langlitz and myself.

Psant25

One Too Many
I hear ya probably a good call
I think I would follow their suggestion of return and refund and reschedule later then. If there is any new problems arisen from the remade jacket that would be worse off for both langlitz and myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ