Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Late 60s - Early 70s Movie Recommendations

dolly

New in Town
I'm after movies like Gidget Gets Married. Late 60s early - 70s happy light movies. Similar to TV shows like I Dream Of Jeannie, The Brady Bunch & Here's Lucy

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
With Six You Get Eggroll (Doris Day & Brian Keith) and Yours Mine & Ours (Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball).. both cute "large" family movies

the original Gidget movie with Sandra Dee and Cliff Robertson (sigh) is great.

A couple other movies that are lots of fun.. Please Don't Eat the Daisies, Goodbye Charlie and my absolutel favorite of all time.. The Pleasure of his Company with Fred Astaire.

Happy viewing.

I'mSuzyParker

Familiar Face
Widebrim, those are great movies!!

Dolly, also check out, Take Her, She's Mine (with Jimmy Stewart & Sandra Dee), Dear Brigitte (Jimmy Stewart again), Bob Hope did some silly movie with Phyllis Diller and Elke Sommers in the 1960s and of course, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I quite like Move Over Darling with Doris Day and James Garner-- a Widower decides to remarry only to find out that his wife was only missing, not actually dead. Hilarity ensues.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Any of the "Pink Panther" movies with Peter Sellers would fill the bill. Its the right time frame, light fare and very funny, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR