Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Lazy" Vintage Hair Ideas

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´ve been thinking hard that I want this hair-cut:

http://www.miss-vintage.com/archive/1950s/hair/15-hairdos.htm

but in a slightly longer version. It seems to be easy and I problaby just got to sleep with a few curlers on the ends. It´s a 50s cut, but I´m sure I can pull up both 50s and 40s styles with it. My face is just a bit rounder than the models face and my neck is not that long, but I think I could wear that look... If you think otherwise let me know BEFORE I get it cut ;)

I´ll make sure to post results of the cut and let you know about the styling here (and if it´s eally a lazy one) :D

ShortClara

One Too Many
BOOMBEBE said:
beauty depends on whos looking :D

Love this - yes! :eek:fftopic: I guess that's why hubby looks at me in the morning, puffy eyes, bangs sticking up and says, "you're beautiful!". LOL Glad he thinks so...

Love your hair!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
pigeontoe:

2 up dos I like:

40s (need 2 hairbands and lots of kirby gips) - do pigtails as far forward as you can, right at the top of your head. then take little sections, curl them up as if you were doing pincurls but a little looser and pin to your head. Spread them out, making sure the bands are hidden, and it's a little like this:

http://themave.com/bijou/40wy/galry/galry-grable.jpg

50s: (need one hairband, maybe a clip and a ribbon) - a high pony on the back of your head, maybe curl your bangs (or fringe as us Brits call it) and the ends of your hair and tie a ribbon round. Voila! I'm sure you thought of that already though!

Feathers

Familiar Face
Lazy Days...

My hair looks like this on my lazy days...I wear a hat or a visor at work so there hasn't been any point in doing my hair. Also, I'm due for a trip to the salon for a trim (which I have planned for Monday thank Gibson!) But I've been inspired by you ladies and having been trying to master pincurls and am, like they say, all thumbs! :(
P1040602-1.jpg

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Yesterday my hair was really really dirty, and I mean really really dirty, I hate washing my hair so I only do it when the grease becomes unbearable. Now I was actually going to wash it but I had to go into town to run some errands first. Anyway, my hair looked like complete mess, but I did this very simple hairdo which made it look petty ok.

I just set my hair like this without wetting it or putting anything in. Doing just one curl on each side of the head might not work on very thick hair though.

set.gif

I sprayed it a bit with hairspray and let it stay like that while I got dressed and did really quick makeup. Then I just brushed it through and it turned out like this. I could have brushed it better to make it less messy, especially in the back, but I just did it really quick so I wouldn't look too horrible. My roots look almost black from being so greasy :eek:

greasy%20%281%29.jpg

greasy%20%283%29.jpg

greasy%20%284%29.jpg

It's very simple, but it's a quick way of making really bad hair look nicer.

nyx

One of the Regulars
Johanna said:
Yesterday my hair was really really dirty, and I mean really really dirty, I hate washing my hair so I only do it when the grease becomes unbearable. Now I was actually going to wash it but I had to go into town to run some errands first. Anyway, my hair looked like complete mess, but I did this very simple hairdo which made it look petty ok.

I just set my hair like this without wetting it or putting anything in. Doing just one curl on each side of the head might not work on very thick hair though.

I sprayed it a bit with hairspray and let it stay like that while I got dressed and did really quick makeup. Then I just brushed it through and it turned out like this. I could have brushed it better to make it less messy, especially in the back, but I just did it really quick so I wouldn't look too horrible. My roots look almost black from being so greasy :eek:

It's very simple, but it's a quick way of making really bad hair look nicer.

Very cute and easy! It probably helps that you look like a vintage Barbie doll though. :) Are you wearing blush or is that flush natural, because you look just adorable in the picture!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Very cute Johanna!!! I can do the same with my bangs, about 3 or 4 days in, I just set them in standing pincurls, two or three, and get ready and when I pull our the clips, one brush through and they just bounce right into place. hee hee! But that only works with my bangs.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
nyx said:
It probably helps that you look like a vintage Barbie doll though. :) QUOTE]

*Snort!* Ain't that the truth! Plus, I think blonde hair looks a lot better dirty than some other colors. If mine is greasy I couldn't leave the house without a hat.
I'm just so envious of you Johanna, you cute little thing you! ;)
Nikki

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
vintage hair

Hey guys! I'm new, I've been lurking around for a little while and you guys are so beautiful!

I Love that hair do Johanna, I'll have to try that one this weekend. I have no idea how women of the past did their hair on a regular basis. I know with practice it gets faster, but gee wiz it's tiring lol.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Considering my hair is in its "please-get-it-cut" phase, and the original haircut was rather odd, I was surprised on the ability for me to do a lazy styled-vintage inspired hairstyle.

Basically, I let my hair air dry (washed it during the evening hours), and slept. The next morning my natural waves had a pretty good shape (I never know with my hair!) and so I just curled the ends (with a medium size curling iron being held vertically, except on the back, it was done horizontally)twice on the back, three times on the side, then I just separated them so it appeared that I had more curls, and that is it.

I'm sure that isn't making much sense, considering I'm awful at explaining, but maybe one day I'll post a picture... or draw one. :)

P.S. A hello and welcome, TheDutchess. I'm new here too.

Johanna

One of the Regulars
ohairas said:
*Snort!* Ain't that the truth! Plus, I think blonde hair looks a lot better dirty than some other colors. If mine is greasy I couldn't leave the house without a hat.
I'm just so envious of you Johanna, you cute little thing you! ;)
Nikki

Gosh you're making me blush :eek: Thank you!

PolkaDotMeggie

A-List Customer
Good golly! I am so rottenly jealous of your hair, Johanna! It is almost TOO cute to point where I am turning green with envy :D I was wondering how you "set" the front curls. I am hair-retarded, but I wanted to try and replicate the look because you totally rocked it.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
:eusa_clap Gorgeous as always ladies!

Well,I've given up once again on growing out my hair so I looked for vintage inspiration and found Jean Seberg.My new obsession.
Here she is:
47b7d726b3127ccebab851b87a7e00000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Here's my variation,the ultimate lazy vintage hair.I just put in a little pomade and let it go.
47b7d706b3127ccebceda78a2a9c00000006109AbOXLFk0bS

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
rubyredlocks said:
:eusa_clap Gorgeous as always ladies!

Well,I've given up once again on growing out my hair so I looked for vintage inspiration and found Jean Seberg.My new obsession.
Here she is:
47b7d726b3127ccebab851b87a7e00000025109AbOXLFk0bS

Here's my variation,the ultimate lazy vintage hair.I just put in a little pomade and let it go.
47b7d706b3127ccebceda78a2a9c00000006109AbOXLFk0bS

Whoa! I thought those were both you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner