Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Lazy" Vintage Hair Ideas

ClaraB

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 you are gorgeous, I love the way you've handled your grey! Quick check of your profile tells me you are the same age as my mother....boy I can't believe that, you look absolutely fantastic!:)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aw, shucks ladies!

You all make me feel... pretty!
But thank you, really.

Sari, I think the contrast would help! Overall, if I don't dye parts of my hair, it looks too pale, those gray parts are the natural mix. I guess once it gets more gray than brown I will go silver!

And Clara B, you're young enough to be my daughter! Cool! I have lots of friends half my age, it's fun. A few twice my age too!

I credit staying out of the sun too, I never, never do sun, not since 1975.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thank you for this lovely thread! I'm bookmarking it. Tell me why so many of the photobucket/ flick-r images are gone though! I never got to see them.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Johanna said:
Yesterday my hair was really really dirty, and I mean really really dirty, I hate washing my hair so I only do it when the grease becomes unbearable. Now I was actually going to wash it but I had to go into town to run some errands first. Anyway, my hair looked like complete mess, but I did this very simple hairdo which made it look petty ok.

I just set my hair like this without wetting it or putting anything in. Doing just one curl on each side of the head might not work on very thick hair though.

set.gif

I sprayed it a bit with hairspray and let it stay like that while I got dressed and did really quick makeup. Then I just brushed it through and it turned out like this. I could have brushed it better to make it less messy, especially in the back, but I just did it really quick so I wouldn't look too horrible. My roots look almost black from being so greasy :eek:

greasy%20%281%29.jpg

greasy%20%283%29.jpg

greasy%20%284%29.jpg

It's very simple, but it's a quick way of making really bad hair look nicer.
Johanna, I swear, in these pics your cheeks look eatable! Like yummy pastries.

TackyAnnie

New in Town
Johanna said:
Yesterday my hair was really really dirty, and I mean really really dirty, I hate washing my hair so I only do it when the grease becomes unbearable. Now I was actually going to wash it but I had to go into town to run some errands first. Anyway, my hair looked like complete mess, but I did this very simple hairdo which made it look petty ok.

I just set my hair like this without wetting it or putting anything in. Doing just one curl on each side of the head might not work on very thick hair though.

set.gif

I sprayed it a bit with hairspray and let it stay like that while I got dressed and did really quick makeup. Then I just brushed it through and it turned out like this. I could have brushed it better to make it less messy, especially in the back, but I just did it really quick so I wouldn't look too horrible. My roots look almost black from being so greasy :eek:

greasy%20%281%29.jpg

greasy%20%283%29.jpg

greasy%20%284%29.jpg

It's very simple, but it's a quick way of making really bad hair look nicer.

I'm going to try this tonight! Goin' dancing and have no time to do anything fancy. I'm excited to try it out.

Thanks J!

-- Tacky Annie

Smuterella

One Too Many
when good hair goes bad....

loathe to start a new thread, I am hoping for some advice on hair disasters here

occasionally I wake up, take out my pin curls, and after brushing smooth find an unruly mess - sometimes even using tried and trusted sets. does anyone else get this? if so how do you get yourself looking presentable enough to go to work/go out in a very short time....

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Smuterella said:
loathe to start a new thread, I am hoping for some advice on hair disasters here

occasionally I wake up, take out my pin curls, and after brushing smooth find an unruly mess - sometimes even using tried and trusted sets. does anyone else get this? if so how do you get yourself looking presentable enough to go to work/go out in a very short time....

This happens to me occasionally.. I usually do a couple of things...
1. french twist. Curly hair always sits better in a twist, and you can pin easily.
2. Pony tail with ribbon or flowers
3. Pigtails and a bandana
4. Frenchbraids with bows.

Also, sometimes I find that if my hair comes out too curly, I throw it in low pigtails and a few hours later it settles down and I can brush it out to look proper.

Smuterella

One Too Many
thanks Red!

its awful to admit but I have no idea how to do a french twist of a french plait

*blush*

I may have to start posting pics of my bad morning hair so you can see exactly what I'm trying to deal with.

PS

A-List Customer
I almost always pull my curls back for a bit before I do anything with them. I won't wear my curlers to take my kids to school so I unroll and put an elastic around a low ponytail...but i don't put it on tightly, just enough to keep my hair contained. It relaxes my curl a bit....
oh wait that is how i was wearing it in my avatar....most days I leave it like that then brush it out the following day. i a very lazy hair gal. :p

I got my hair chopped a few weeks ago & loved it, then it got to a point where I hated it, but I love it again now. It's quite versatile I've discovered. My lazy hair day is I'll either just blow dry it into it's proper shape (slightly graduated bob & short fringe) or my new lazy hair do - curl my fringe to the side & curl the front few layers a little. It's difficult to describe, but I'm liking it again hurrah!

Found thiz - super lazy, no brushing, just blowdry & go lol

Image048.jpg

I suppose that's a lazy cut rather than a lazy vintage hair style thingy :/

MJrules

One of the Regulars
Smuterella said:

You know what this means??? "SNOOD TIME!!!" All that extra fluff fills up a snood great and then you can stick a flower or even a pretty brooch at the side and you look verrryyyy naaaaiiiiice (Borat voice). I thought I'd have amazing Veronica Lake hair for Thanksgiving but ended up more like Shirley Temple. Whipped out the snood and made a little pincurl on the side and it was great.

palespider

One of the Regulars
~*Red*~ said:
This happens to me occasionally.. I usually do a couple of things...
1. french twist. Curly hair always sits better in a twist, and you can pin easily.
2. Pony tail with ribbon or flowers
3. Pigtails and a bandana
4. Frenchbraids with bows.

Also, sometimes I find that if my hair comes out too curly, I throw it in low pigtails and a few hours later it settles down and I can brush it out to look proper.

i find that useing shine spray(not hair spray that adds shine) either on your hair or on a your brush can put weight on your hair and give it a nice wave look to your hair. the oils help teh curl to fall but too much your going to have greasy and flat hair.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Sometimes I roll my hair in french twists on both sides of my hair winding it away from my ears then pull it all into a ponytail and clip...It looks vintage and cute. Hairnets can be helpful with a ruined set to...brush it as best you can do the twist on both sides ponytail and wrap a hairnet around a pageboy looking end. It hides frizzies and odd curls until I have time to fix the set.
P.S. I love (and can't wait to try) the kerchief pigtail idea!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR