Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather suspenders like these

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
Does anyone here know where I might me able to find leather suspender similar to the ones worn by James Marsden in The Notebook?
I would like to have a pair like these as it seems like they would be the most versatile option for suspenders as they can be worn with any suit, tie and shirt combination like a leather dress belt. And FYI I would love to find a pair in black instead of the brown, as back leather is more versatile and matches my shoes. One other thing; would leather suspenders like these be less comfortable than ones made of fabric?

004TNB_James_Marsden_007.jpg

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
kools said:
P1020538.jpg

Probably not much help here...found these at Marshall Fields circa 1992.

Are they any less comfortable than suspenders made of fabric?
FYI, I've never worn suspenders before. :eek:
Is the leather more supple and/or thinner than that of most current dress belts? The discomfort of stiff leather belts is a large part of the reason I want to start wearing suspenders.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Try Paul Stuart or Brooks Brothers, they usually carry them. I find them uncomfortable to wear, especially when worn with trousers of heavier fabric; the straps just cut into my shoulders. YMMV

kools

Practically Family
They never bothered me; I do find suspenders more comfortable than belts. They also do a nice job of making the pleats in your trousers more pronounced.

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
What are the thoughts of people here regarding braided/woven leather suspenders? Are they any more comfortable as far as leather suspenders go?

P.S.
On second thought the suspenders in the pics I posted look like they would be uncomfortable. Fabric suspenders look much more comfortable by comparison IMO.

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
Here's this forum's very own Mr. Rover :eusa_clap sporting leather braces from Brooks Brothers which appear to be similar to the kind worn by actor James Marsden in the pic in my original post.

sc00076a59.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany