Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leather zipper tie

jksu

Familiar Face
thought i'd tap the wisdom of the group....

my aero highwayman that i bought used is missing the leather zipper extension on the front zip. now if the zipper was a big beefy one like on my other jackets it wouldn't be a big deal but the aero zipper is fairly small. just makes zipping up/down not quite as pleasant as i'd like -- love the rest of the jacket so it's this one little thing i'd love to correct.

can anyone recommend where i can find a nice leather zipper tie?

contact aero? it seems like the shipping a little piece of leather will prohibitive -- not sure if any local/domestic shops carry little aero parts like this, be it spare zippers or zipper pulls? or should i try to find a leather repair type place and see if they have any scrap leather around that they can cut me one?

thanks!

Panacheman

Familiar Face
Check and see if you have a Tandy leather factory in your area they typically have a box of leather remnants priced by the pound you will probably be able to find something to fit the bill.

pauleway

Practically Family
How about getting Aero to send you some HH samples in the correct colour, then cut your own.

Thats what I did. I took the samples swatch from Aero and made a little Pull Tab - then sewed it, and then put a little glue on to seal it together. Worked out perfect. You just have to be careful when cutting the Tab out so it looks symetric!

Aero might send you a leather zipper pull with 'Aero' on it..if you ask for one. If there is any charge..it shouldn't be much at all. They don't charge shipping for leather samples..do they?

Well then if they don't charge to send leather samples..I would bet they'd throw a leather 'Aero' zipper pull in an envelope for an Aero owner who needs one. They've probably got a ton of them already made up and ready to go on new jackets. :cool:
HD

( I've noticed that there have been several posts on other threads where words have been duplicated in certain posts...and can't seem to be edited out. Anyone else notice this)?

Last edited:

jksu

Familiar Face
@hd you were right on the money! I sent a message via their website on fri describing what I was looking for and willing to pay a small fee if needed or to contact any local distributors...,

amanda wrote me back personally and said no problem and is shipping a couple oil pull pulls to me. can i love this company any more? :)

Peacoat

Bartender
( I've noticed that there have been several posts on other threads where words have been duplicated in certain posts...and can't seem to be edited out. Anyone else notice this)?

Yes, most frustrating. The last time or two it happened to me, the word at the end of the line was repeated at the beginning of the new line. I went back in edit to try and remove it, to no avail.

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
@hd you were right on the money! I sent a message via their website on fri describing what I was looking for and willing to pay a small fee if needed or to contact any local distributors...,

amanda wrote me back personally and said no problem and is shipping a couple oil pull pulls to me. can i love this company any more? :)
Well, for me this is customer-service as it should be. You don't crank up the big machine to "sell" such an item to a customer who had spend hundreds od dollars for a jacket before. I didn't expect other from Aero, based on my (limited) experience with them. Seems to be a solid, old-fashioned company. Good to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner