Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil on my 1.5 year old Aero FQHH NYPD Jacket - SUCCESS!!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Gents,

I'm very happy with the results after using the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil on my Aero NYPD FQHH jacket. Aero sells this stuff on their website, but I've actually been using this stuff for years on my BMW's leather seats (Leatherique is quite popular in the BMW community and the stuff contains no harmful silicone, wax, or petroleum products). My FQHH jacket looks and feels "rejuvenated" (best way I can describe it) and the annoying fold/crease near the faux chest pocket with the brass police button is now gone. I wear my jacket a lot and the leather started feeling very dry. After talking with Amanda at Aero about my desire to try the Rejuvenator Oil, she said it would be safe to use on my jacket and she was right! The oil can be applied liberally with your hands and you massage it into the leather. Also, the Rejuvenator Oil didn't negatively affect the patina on my jacket (you can see it on my collar area) which is good.

Pics are below...

BEFORE
AeroNYPD-Before.jpg

AFTER
AeroNYPD-After1.jpg

AeroNYPD-After2.jpg

Fold/crease in leather near the brass Netherlands police button is now gone. :)
AeroNYPD-After3.jpg

Here is a picture of the crease I was experiencing... very annoying!
AeroNYPD112310-9.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Navin

Last edited:

nicholasb

One of the Regulars
Looks good. I may give it a go at some point. I have some Eastman liquid leather conditioner which is okay but wouldn't mind trying something else.

D

Deleted member 16736

Glad it worked out well. Enjoy your jacket. Looks great. But please don't write me a ticket now!

Navin323i

Practically Family
Looks good. I may give it a go at some point. I have some Eastman liquid leather conditioner which is okay but wouldn't mind trying something else.

Thanks Nicholas! Yeah, definitely give it a go. :)

Glad it worked out well. Enjoy your jacket. Looks great. But please don't write me a ticket now!

Haha... thanks Joel! Awww... but the ticket was going to be my Christmas gift to you. :D

Looking good Navin.

Thanks Griff! :)

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I too have used Leatherique products, both on my cars leather seats, and on my leather jackets. With good results. I use both the Leatherique Pristine Clean, as well as the Rejuvenator oil. I will occasionally use both Peccards and Leatherique Oil if the leather seems very dry. The oil, being more liquid, soaks in a bit faster. Both work very well.

I got mine Leatherique from an auto products supplier called detailedimage dot com

Navin323i

Practically Family
I too have used Leatherique products, both on my cars leather seats, and on my leather jackets. With good results. I use both the Leatherique Pristine Clean, as well as the Rejuvenator oil. I will occasionally use both Peccards and Leatherique Oil if the leather seems very dry. The oil, being more liquid, soaks in a bit faster. Both work very well.

I got mine Leatherique from an auto products supplier called detailedimage dot com

Yep... Detailed Image is where I go too... they're one of my car-related sponsors... very knowledgeable staff too. :)

Fifty150

One Too Many
I'm old fashioned. I stick to neatsfoot oil, mink oil, and flaxseed oil.

Clean with saddle soap. Oil liberally. Then a light coat of wax paste like Lincoln. I wear my leather in the rain. Even in the heaviest rains, the water beads right off. When I get home, I hang it up and wipe it off with an old t-shirt. This has worked for all of my boots and jackets. Sorry, no leather pants.

FYI: I wear my gloves when rubbing oil into the jackets and boots. It allows the gloves to be oiled at the same time.

Clean with saddle soap. Oil liberally. Then a light coat of wax paste like Lincoln. I wear my leather in the rain. Even in the heaviest rains, the water beads right off. When I get home, I hang it up and wipe it off with an old t-shirt. This has worked for all of my boots and jackets. Sorry, no leather pants.

FYI: I wear my gloves when rubbing oil into the jackets and boots. It allows the gloves to be oiled at the same time.

Interesting. I don't want oil on the palms of my riding gloves :eeek:

Fifty150

One Too Many
Interesting. I don't want oil on the palms of my riding gloves :eeek:

Rub your hands together just like you would do with lotion. This will allow the oil to get on the backs of the gloves (the side that gets most of the elements). Let them sit overnight. Put them back on. Then wipe them off on an old t-shirt, just like you would after having washed your hands. They gloves should be fine. You won't lose your grip on your bike. It hasn't happened to me yet.

Navin323i

Practically Family

Cool... will have to try out those products sometime. Thanks for sharing! :)

Sweep

New in Town
I don't have an opinion on this matter myself as my Aero is still 4 weeks away from delivery, but this extract from Horween is pretty clear in their recommendations:

"For the most part, the leather is complete at this point, and it’s ready to be sorted, graded, packed, and shipped. The last step for Chromexcel is coat of Neatsfoot Oil, so when people ask me how to condition this leather, that’s always my first recommendation."

For anyone who hasn't read the whole article it's worth visiting as the process is really interesting:
http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/

...Sweep

Navin323i

Practically Family
I don't have an opinion on this matter myself as my Aero is still 4 weeks away from delivery, but this extract from Horween is pretty clear in their recommendations:

"For the most part, the leather is complete at this point, and it’s ready to be sorted, graded, packed, and shipped. The last step for Chromexcel is coat of Neatsfoot Oil, so when people ask me how to condition this leather, that’s always my first recommendation."

For anyone who hasn't read the whole article it's worth visiting as the process is really interesting:
http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/

...Sweep

Thanks for the info and link, Sweep. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24