Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LEE denim jacket

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
I just bought my first vintage denim jacket...how'd I do?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...k9VXWq7KTn4I1nlrk%3D&viewitem=#ht_3650wt_1139

I just loved the upper left pocket and worn look to it.I also was under the impression that the white LEE label on this jacket made it somewhat more collectable and vintage...or I may be way off base? Anyone know where I can find a proper Talon zipper to replace the one broken on the jacket?

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I reckon you did okay but...

it's not WW2 I'm afraid. It's from the 1970's, that's when Lee added the "M.R" trade marks to the small black tag on the pocket. The white makers tag is interesting as it's known as a "bid e" due to the two e's in the name Lee being as tall as the L. Not to be confused with a capital E as in Levi's. It's a nice genuine piece of Lee work wear made before work wear was worn for anything other than work!

As for the zipper pull I wouldn't jump to replacing it. It's only the slider pull that's missing so you could make something to do the job or replace the slider with one the same size. If you love the jacket and really want to treat it to a Talon then here's where you can snag one...

http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng_repair/index_eng_repair.html

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
it's not WW2 I'm afraid. It's from the 1970's, that's when Lee added the "M.R" trade marks to the small black tag on the pocket. The white makers tag is interesting as it's known as a "bid e" due to the two e's in the name Lee being as tall as the L. Not to be confused with a capital E as in Levi's. It's a nice genuine piece of Lee work wear made before work wear was worn for anything other than work!

As for the zipper pull I wouldn't jump to replacing it. It's only the slider pull that's missing so you could make something to do the job or replace the slider with one the same size. If you love the jacket and really want to treat it to a Talon then here's where you can snag one...

http://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/eng_repair/index_eng_repair.html

Well that is a bummer being as its not from WW2 era. Thanks for the right time period deluxe, and that website.

I picked up a NOS Lee Stormrider from the 60's. A nudge smaller than I'd like (I'm a 52+) but I can wear with a light shirt.
It's horizontal striped "blanket" inside as opposed tot vertical, zigzag stitched on the buttons, and brown cord collar.
Lovely jacket slightly younger than me. Thrilled with it too. Don't know if anyone cares for pix of it here...
I did wash it once, and it made the wool blanket 100% comfortable using lots of Downy ;)
Air dried as I can't afford shrinkage and damage to the wool. Nice piece.

Man of Vintage

A-List Customer
I picked up a NOS Lee Stormrider from the 60's. A nudge smaller than I'd like (I'm a 52+) but I can wear with a light shirt.
It's horizontal striped "blanket" inside as opposed tot vertical, zigzag stitched on the buttons, and brown cord collar.
Lovely jacket slightly younger than me. Thrilled with it too. Don't know if anyone cares for pix of it here...
I did wash it once, and it made the wool blanket 100% comfortable using lots of Downy ;)
Air dried as I can't afford shrinkage and damage to the wool. Nice piece.

Yeah BMT61, I'd def like to see it when you get the chance.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Sorry it's not what the seller said it is but hey that's ebay for you!

Hope this doesn't put you off as it really shouldn't. Just remember what first attracted you to it.

The style is much older plus it'll look great on and that's all that matters. ;)

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
As long as you like the jacket, that's what matters. However, I believe you paid much more for it than it is worth.

A few months back, in the fall of 2010, I won an unwashed/virtually mint condition 1960's size 38R Lee Storm Rider jacket on ebay for $38 USD.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy