Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
People around me calls it "The fonz" jacket... i dont even know who that is and had to look him and find that he wears an A2 IIRC

Yeah people have made the Fonz comments on seeing my Perfecto, which does demonstrate that the general public doesn’t really register more than ‘leather jacket’.

He’s a character played by a young Henry Winkler.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
Legendary has updated the cover photo on their website to the new jacket and has a fast moving montage of it on their Instagram. The glamor shots where you actually order one seem to be the same pics as before.

CaughtBetweenWorlds

New in Town
The IG montage

It is the same jacket as the Facebook photo from the other day.

From a design perspective, what stands out immediately is that the epaulettes don't have the metal accents on them. A bummer if that is representative of the final build.

I get that this isn't a 1-1 reproduction, but I figured considering how much they emphasized the Buco inspiration, and given the previous Black Stallion, it would have been an obvious detail to include.

Aloysius

The IG montage

It is the same jacket as the Facebook photo from the other day.

From a design perspective, what stands out immediately is that the epaulettes don't have the metal accents on them. A bummer if that is representative of the final build.

I get that this isn't a 1-1 reproduction, but I figured considering how much they emphasized the Buco inspiration, and given the previous Black Stallion, it would have been an obvious detail to include.

Yeah I saw this earlier and tried to extract photos but they were all low quality. It looks like they gave some workshop the Schott-made jacket to copy. Looks better than the standard Hillside… but that's about all I can say for it.

IMG_6259.jpeg

IMG_6255.jpeg

Looks more like goatskin to me. And thin goatskin at that.

Observe

One Too Many
The stitching looks neat, and I think the epaulet snap button is Legendary branded? The leather doesn't look like horsehide to me with that grain pattern. Just a few observations based on the screenshots.

mumpy

A-List Customer
The stitching looks neat, and I think the epaulet snap button is Legendary branded? The leather doesn't look like horsehide to me with that grain pattern. Just a few observations based on the screenshots.
Agreed, also the leather doesn’t look thick to me.

Aloysius

Stitching is nice. Not Perfecto level but nice (though it is at the same price point).

The Legendary snaps don’t look very nice. I prefer plain in general but at least Schott’s branded button looks like a bullet which gives some visual interest.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Anniversary edition confirms that this was a test run before rerelease.
Can you elaborate? Do you mean you think there will be more than these 100 once they are shipped, and if yes, what makes you think so?

I'm glad I decided to consult the forum before deciding to order... The strongly tapered torso and the old Schott-era photos on the order page seemed to make for such a perfect purchase, but as an overseas buyer I'm not going to take the risks everybody has been discussing... unless something substantial changes. Thanks to all you "weird" guys doing the research and comms and photo sharing :-/

Last edited:
I think the fact that it looks like a slightly premium Hillside and that they had the Hillside Buco on display before means it’s Hillside.
I’d like to point out I called that. What’s my prize? This? A teacore Stallion!?
IMG_6265.jpeg

I mean in a lot of ways NJ=FL. Doesn’t the entire state of Jesey vacation in Miami? The answer is yes. Upgrade my prize:
IMG_6268.jpeg

I would prefer the plastic figurine to the jacket.

Aloysius

Can you elaborate? Do you mean you think there will be more than these 100 once they are shipped, and if yes, what makes you think so?

They changed it from “limited edition” to “special anniversary edition”.

I think they were using this run to test interest and try out the new supplier.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
They changed it from “limited edition” to “special anniversary edition”.

I think they were using this run to test interest and try out the new supplier.
They told me that it was going to be these 100 only. Maybe they're now trying to make it sound more interesting because of all the cancellations and hurt reputation? Anyway, good you're pointing it out. All the changes aren't inspiring trust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo