Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No epaulette accents on this version :confused:

Also looking at the grain of the leather in the close-up shots, I don't think HH would have come to mind if I had to guess what it was.

I will say one thing in their defense (doesn't excuse many of the weird choices so far) in that this is better than I expected from the standard Hillside photo they had up for ages.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Im actually ok without the bar on the shoulder. I was going to take that off anyways since that denotes an actual military rank.

My personal theory is motorcycle clubs formed from WW2 vets so they used a lot of military stuff and it carried over to motorcycle inspired fashion.

Just sharing lol

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I will say one thing in their defense (doesn't excuse many of the weird choices so far) in that this is better than I expected from the standard Hillside photo they had up for ages.
I’m actually thinking this jacket could look better still in person. Not knocking anyone‘s staging or photography skills, but my EBay listings look better than these new Stallion shots. Can’t wait for one of the regulars on here to get their’s for some proper pics and a review.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
I wonder if they had a _lot_ of cancellations because they have been sending out several 'countdown' emails that indicated a grinding slowdown of the sale; and now these new photos which at least are probably more realistic.

From these photos the leather looks a lot like the "naked" cowhide Schott used for the 125 and 118 in the 2000s (right before the 125 went out of production). That one is very smooth and soft and quiet and easy to break in and it has an expensive feel and look to it, but it's also quick to absorb smells forever and to fade when subjected to friction or heavy rain. I wouldn't ever buy another naked cowhide jacket. So while this is speculaton, to me these photos don't bring back enough trust to buy.

I'd never buy a 1928h reissue/ repro either as long as it's a half belt.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wouldn't ever buy another naked cowhide jacket.

The current naked cowhide on my trucker and @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead's 118 is quite nice.

I'd never buy a 1928h reissue/ repro either as long as it's a half belt.

I think you're confusing the 1928H with the PER28.

The 1928H is a repro of a Beck/Perfecto #333 D-pocket motorcycle jacket. As you can see it doesn't have a half-belt.

The PER28 is a repro of a 1920s Perfecto D-pocket aviator, complete with half-belt. I've handled one in person–it's a shame that it's predistressed because the hide is quite nice; the distressing ends up looking quite over-the-top.

190201_SCHOTTNYC_FW19_DAY_01_14777lowres1.jpg

AHP91

Practically Family
The current naked cowhide on my trucker and @TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead's 118 is quite nice.

I think you're confusing the 1928H with the PER28.

The 1928H is a repro of a Beck/Perfecto #333 D-pocket motorcycle jacket. As you can see it doesn't have a half-belt.

The PER28 is a repro of a 1920s Perfecto D-pocket aviator, complete with half-belt. I've handled one in person–it's a shame that it's predistressed because the hide is quite nice; the distressing ends up looking quite over-the-top.

190201_SCHOTTNYC_FW19_DAY_01_14777lowres1.jpg
That 1928 hh repro is one of the nicest Schott jackets I've ever seen

tek8080

Familiar Face
I totally forgot about this and for some reason haven't been getting emails for new posts. After seeing those new photos on the website, I am so very thankful I was able to have my order cancelled. And that mouton collar looks like it was made from a bath rug. I mean yeah maybe it looks better in person, but based on the photos I'd have never worn that. Those snaps are ugly.

1000% agree, go with a J-106 at this price point.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
After seeing those new photos on the website, I am so very thankful I was able to have my order cancelled.
A friend of mine was told they hadn't changed the photos when he asked about the change. Wtf, Legendary. I'm at a loss of words at this point.

vintage_iron

New in Town
I panick ordered one with the discount code when legendary said there were only 2 spots left. I personally don't think the new photos look too bad. I also noticed that the bar studs are not in the pictures, but are clearly stated in the bullet points. The jacket is still listed as available for purchase, but if I got 1 of only 2 left, those are some mighty slow sales. I'm guessing that they're over selling. If the jackets are made to order, what do they have to lose? How can anyone dispute that their jacket number is the same as somebody's in another country?

Arnold

One of the Regulars
I'm guessing that they're over selling. If the jackets are made to order, what do they have to lose? How can anyone dispute that their jacket number is the same as somebody's in another country?
Personally I wouldn't care about my number or whether they change their strategy, but if they don't declare that change, it's another slightly flippant turn/ another aspect of slowly eroding trust.

vintage_iron

New in Town
Personally I wouldn't care about my number or whether they change their strategy, but if they don't declare that change, it's another slightly flippant turn/ another aspect of slowly eroding trust.
The actual jacket number isn't important to me either. It's really just a point of reference to detail that whoever bought the jacket did indeed get 1 of 100 limited anniversary version jackets. But if they did accept over 100 pre-orders, how then would they handle it? Hopefully not by deception. I'll admit that having this jacket re-introduced in a small run was intriguing enough to be a factor in pulling the trigger on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21