Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At the risk of being pedantic all chaps are assless. Thats what makes them chaps. Assless is redundant.

I know but the term (even granting department of redundancy department) is still funny and Legendary itself is leaning into it with the product name.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
When pre orders opened, they said the jacket would arrive in about two weeks…
It probably became impossible to fulfil that once the wave of cancellation requests started. They still haven't sold out all the production slots, so they probably missed a financing goal early on and have to compensate somewhere. Saving on quality might end up as economic suicide after the damage they brought upon their reputation in May, so to me the most reasonable course of action seems to take time to deliver a product that at least comes close to the initial quality promise. I hope for them and the buyers that that's what they're doing.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
It probably became impossible to fulfil that once the wave of cancellation requests started. They still haven't sold out all the production slots, so they probably missed a financing goal early on and have to compensate somewhere. Saving on quality might end up as economic suicide after the damage they brought upon their reputation in May, so to me the most reasonable course of action seems to take time to deliver a product that at least comes close to the initial quality promise. I hope for them and the buyers that that's what they're doing.
A wave of cancellation requests might be an exaggeration. Do you. Know of anyone outside of tfl inmate cancelling? We’re a vocal group, but over all a very small group.

Aloysius

A wave of cancellation requests might be an exaggeration. Do you. Know of anyone outside of tfl inmate cancelling? We’re a vocal group, but over all a very small group.

I think you’re right. The TFL cancellations happened before they even sent out the initial email invite to preorder.

Since that they sent regular emails about X number left but have kept it on for sale now weeks after supposedly finishing out the 100 order.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
There were only 100 pre-order slots. Our size relative to that number is not inconsequential.

After we started canceling our orders the reaction on the part of Legendary indicated that it got their attention.

Aloysius

There were only 100 pre-order slots. Our size relative to that number is not inconsequential.

After we started canceling our orders the reaction on the part of Legendary indicated that it got their attention.

Weeks after the TFL cancellations, Legendary was emailing about 10 jackets left, 5 jackets left, etc. I think it was a nothingburger.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
I think you’re right. The TFL cancellations happened before they even sent out the initial email invite to preorder.

Since that they sent regular emails about X number left but have kept it on for sale now weeks after supposedly finishing out the 100 order.

I received my email invite to preorder on May 24th, 22:02 CEST, before the discussion in this thread went from excitement to doubt. Others may have received their invites later.

What they did with the photos and their communication regarding the rightful inquiries re: Schott etc was a bad mistake, but whether they're lying about the 100 pcs is another thing and I wouldn't just put out assumptions in public unless there are solid indications.

Finally, TFL may just be a portion of the usual buyer group for this jacket, but you don't know how many people lurk and silently agree and asked for cancellations you never read about. If other forums I've been on are anything to go by, lurkers could even outnumber active members in this case.

Hopefully Legendary will be able to stop all the speculation soon.

Aloysius

What they did with the photos and their communication regarding the rightful inquiries re: Schott etc was a bad mistake, but whether they're lying about the 100 pcs is another thing and I wouldn't just put out assumptions in public unless there are solid indications.

I wouldn't be annoyed with them for moving past the initial 100 item plan. I think the current fixation on "limited editions" across various hobbies and crafts like this is quite frustrating.

Legendary has nearly 50k social media followers and a very active fanbase. I think TFLers are a minority by comparison.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
After our wave of cancellations (and a few on a FB group) it seemed like it took Legendary a long time to get back to their magic number of 100 (if they ever actually did). They continue to advertise the Stallion as a limited edition where you can own a numbered jacket from a lot of 100. Who knows if they’re still working on their first hundred or have continued onto another round. I suppose it’s kind of cool that it’s still around if the thing ends up exceeding expectations. For me, after all the ups and downs of this experience, it would have to be pretty darn special to get back on board.

Finally, TFL may just be a portion of the usual buyer group for this jacket, but you don't know how many people lurk and silently agree and asked for cancellations you never read about. If other forums I've been on are anything to go by, lurkers could even outnumber active members in this case.
Great point and I agree. The lurker populous far outnumbers the relatively small active member group. No doubt about it.

cajunfries

Familiar Face
May 29 was when preorder campaign started, advertising 1-3 weeks shipping.
It has since been like 2 months... No one has received or heard anything?

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Dudes... idk about this...

Maybe I'm biased because I've touched Double Helix before, and RMC. But this leather is kinda meh.

Edit: to be fair, I have not taken it out the box yet

Attachments

• IMG_3319.jpeg
    IMG_3319.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 215

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I'm keeping mine but definitely will be exchanging for a size down. It's too big for the look I'm going for tbh.

That said it's very soft and supple. Almost like it's not Horsehide and it feels thin. Unlike schott's Horsehide that is very solid and stiff.

Not very shiny either. The mutton collar feels nice. The details on the shoulder is also back.

Attachments

• IMG_3320.jpeg
    IMG_3320.jpeg
    262.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3325.jpeg
    IMG_3325.jpeg