Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Observe

One Too Many
I'm keeping mine but definitely will be exchanging for a size down. It's too big for the look I'm going for tbh.

That said it's very soft and supple. Almost like it's not Horsehide and it feels thin. Unlike schott's Horsehide that is very solid and stiff.

Not very shiny either. The mutton collar feels nice. The details on the shoulder is also back.
Do you like it besides the sizing issue? I have a Levi's leather jacket in HH that feels very thin and soft as well, more like lambskin than anything.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
You might see wobbly stitching on a Schott but you won't see scars like these.

IMG_6392.jpeg
IMG_6391.jpeg

To my eye this jacket would be a decent value at around $350. Pattern looks decent, leather looks unremarkable, somewhat cheap and almost printed. For 1/3 the Legendary asking price it would be OK. But that’s no $900 jacket. Not even close.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Personally I don't mind scars nor even slightly wobbly stitching, but the overall wrinkled look doesn't look like hefty motorcycle leather from Schott or comparable companies.

I just hope Legendary keep being an official Schott vendor while offering cheaper jackets to a different market sector. This one, while probably a decent product, looks like it should have been in the latter.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
Personally I don't mind scars nor even slightly wobbly stitching, but the overall wrinkled look doesn't look like hefty motorcycle leather from Schott or comparable companies.

Absolutely not. I am actually pondering if I should ask them to send me a 618hh and call it a day.

It feels very broken in, much like the vintage Buco that I have. Not very shiny either.

Observe

One Too Many
I'd like to see a detailed review of the jacket from somebody here, but so far we've only seen one person actually get it, and they may end up exchanging it for a different jacket. Too bad.

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
For comparison purposes, here’s a few pics of the Beck Northeaster Flying Togs horsehide vest from Legendary. Like the Stallion, it simply has a made in USA tag attached to the main label. Not sure if both items are being produced at the same place. I checked all the pockets for clues and there’s nothing.

While the horsehide on this vest is not as thick, stiff, shiny or awesome as that on my Schott 613sh, it seems to be of decent quality, pretty firm hand and has some nice character to it.

i actually wouldn’t mind having a slightly lighter weight hh jacket for riding on warm summer nights, but when it comes to horsehide I want a dazzling shine when even the faintest light hits it.

Attachments

• IMG_5167.jpeg
    IMG_5167.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5170.jpeg
    IMG_5170.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5174.jpeg
    IMG_5174.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 53

Arnold

One of the Regulars
The pattern on this is nice though, decisions, decisions.
Can you describe how it differs from e. g. the Lost Worlds J-23 pattern? From the photos in Legendary's Instagram reel it seemed as if the front was not longer than the back, which would be unusual for a classic D-pocket jacket.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
While the horsehide on this vest is not as thick, stiff, shiny or awesome as that on my Schott 613sh, it seems to be of decent quality, pretty firm hand and has some nice character to it.

i actually wouldn’t mind having a slightly lighter weight hh jacket for riding on warm summer nights, but when it comes to horsehide I want a dazzling shine when even the faintest light hits it.

If you want a lighter version of the SH leather (with the same shine), you can get that the 618HH or 641HH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav