Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It would be interesting to know how many Schott jackets that LegendaryUSA is actually selling. They only carry a few brands with Schott being their sole “premium” offering. In the grand scheme of things, how important are they to Schott‘s overall business? I also wonder how this whole Stallion thing affected the relationship (if at all). Is Schott bummed they‘re not doing it or is it simply more trouble than it’s worth? I’m assuming Legendary owns all the rights to their Stallion but who did the original design? If they had Adidas do the first one, could all subsequent incarnations have three stripes down the arms?

While I don’t think anyone who owns the original should buy this one, I would love to see this jacket next to a Schott-made one of the same size. If my budding theory is correct, they had the Schott jacket (and thus the patterning work of the Schott team) duplicated by their new supplier, which is why it seems to fit like the original despite the leather being so different.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Whoever made this jacket forgot to glue in a reinforcement strip along the straight edge of the D pocket. This is the result.

I see even more construction errors which indicate that this jacket was not made by an experienced jacket maker.

IMG_6645.jpeg

Arnold

One of the Regulars
I'm curious to see more specimens. The flaws pointed out so far could be systemic and prevalent throughout the production run, or they could be exceptions, or Legendary could be testing the waters with a couple first deliveries and adjust the rest based on feedback (which would be a shabby tactic but not dissimilar to their style of communication back in May). In any case, even high quality makers sometimes ship jackets with crude mistakes:

I had mentioned here that I bought my first Schott from Legendary, but I just remembered I actually had to ask for an exchange because the 'first' first one had grossly differently sized armholes and sleeve lengths and was sprinkled with white paint or something.

Then there's my LW J-24 which I bought used but the original customer had paid 25 % upcharge for a Short size and got only half of it because Stuart for some reason didn't punch the belt loop button snap through the D-pocket, or some other compromise one has to make in Short sizes. (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/altering-waist-in-4-oz-hh-jacket.111736/post-3027825)

But afaik those are exceptions and I'm glad I didn't buy one of the Black Stallions shown so far.

spectrasonicjoe

New in Town
Mine arrives tomorrow. Trying to decide if I’m excited to see how it compares or worried it’s going to look like a burlap sack! With promo code, it was around $760. From the pics earlier in this thread, thinking it may still have been too expensive.

Aloysius

Mine arrives tomorrow. Trying to decide if I’m excited to see how it compares or worried it’s going to look like a burlap sack! With promo code, it was around $760. From the pics earlier in this thread, thinking it may still have been too expensive.

Indeed, the same money will get you a top shelf Vanson.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious to see more specimens. The flaws pointed out so far could be systemic and prevalent throughout the production run, or they could be exceptions, or Legendary could be testing the waters with a couple first deliveries and adjust the rest based on feedback (which would be a shabby tactic but not dissimilar to their style of communication back in May). In any case, even high quality makers sometimes ship jackets with crude mistakes:
This was sold as a limited special edition run for the model.

It could be that they are testing the waters to bring it back as a regular run. But that's not how they marketed it.

Customers are not guinea pigs. It's a special edition limited run of 100. Quality expectations should be very high. The workers who built these jackets should have all been wearing tuxedoes while doing the work.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
The replacement for mine never came btw, they wont respond to emails. Had to escalate to paypal. I am getting refunded. Will probably opt for a 618hh (again), RMC J-24 (but damn it costs a lot), or a 626vn since I already have the original Buco anyways.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars
I did keep it. Not totally happy with the fit in the chest (weird pucker), but the leather seems like it would hold up in a slide. it will be mainly used for riding, figure it will at least be good in the rain.
Really? A bit flimsy for that, no?

Maybe they made other batches thicker? Mine was thin.

Aloysius

The replacement for mine never came btw, they wont respond to emails. Had to escalate to paypal. I am getting refunded. Will probably opt for a 618hh (again), RMC J-24 (but damn it costs a lot), or a 626vn since I already have the original Buco anyways.

Maybe the new 618 variant the PER62 (I just made a thread for it) would be up your alley, because it seems to have a bit of each of the three jackets you mention.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Maybe Schott doesn't want to work with them anymore, after they clearly copied their jacket.
Or maybe one or both parties broke up over politics (or at least the overt display of political stance) since Legendary started posting that kind of content on their Instagram.

Schott have built a certain brand image over the last 10+ years that works well for a large company selling a variety of styles to an international audience. Legendary have been drifting from a simple, well-focussed biker apparel shop towards protest culture. I was already expecting that one or both parties would eventually want to end their cooperation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner