Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Legendary USA Black Stallion is Back

chollie

One of the Regulars
Definitely seems like some sort of falling out. They've done their best to bury the Schott line on their site.

I find that instagram post to be kinda gross.

Viking752

Practically Family
More shots fired from Legendary.
IMG_0710.jpeg

Haha. Biggie also said “Every true hustler knows that you cannot hustle forever. You will go to jail eventually.” Good luck Legendary. I did like their trucker vest in the naked cow.

Probably made by Schott. I can’t recall.

Viking752

Practically Family
Kinda sounds like Schott put their boot on Legendary’s neck and now they are acting out like a spoiled child. I suppose most partnerships must end.

Haha. Biggie also said “Every true hustler knows that you cannot hustle forever. You will go to jail eventually.” Good luck Legendary. I did like their trucker vest in the naked cow.

Probably made by Schott. I can’t recall.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 553272
View attachment 553273
Looks like a 90's edition Marc Jacobs mall issue jacket to me.
Beck back in the day was bought by Schott. This is NOT made by Schott, as Legendary is no longer an authorized seller of Schott jackets... probably because they went with a different company to produce the latest run of the Black Stallion.

The Beck 666 jacket didn't have a center seam down the back. Having a center seam on this jacket makes it NOT a Beck 666 pattern. And it doesn't look like they did the shoulder gussets right, either. Toys McCoy's Beck 666 reproduction is light years ahead of this, and yeah more expensive, but at least you get a good jacket for the money.

So, not a Schott-made, not a Beck, not a 666.

The leather looks cheap.

I just today got an email from Legendary USA, to make sure I didn't miss out on this one. So they also don't honor unsubscribe requests to get off of their mailing list.

The whole thing is just sad, but starting to become almost funny.

onstar

One of the Regulars
Can someone fill me in on what happened between schott and Legendary? Sorry, but dont have time to go through 25 pages...yet

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Can someone fill me in on what happened between schott and Legendary? Sorry, but dont have time to go through 25 pages...yet

Legendary was, until a couple of weeks ago, one of Schott's authorized dealers for selling the Schott product line.

In addition to this, Schott made a repro of the Buco J-24 D-Pocket as a private label item for Legendary. (I believe they made a Trojan repro too, but I don't quite recall.) Given how these collaborations work, this means that Legendary made the request, but Schott did everything from patterning to sourcing materials, to of course manufacture. Legendary offered this jacket for many years, in both black and brown horsehides.

This year, they announced that the jacket was coming back, so many of us jumped to order. (Schott horsehide and pattern quality + repro design, what's not to love?) The jacket was listed with photos of the Schott, as well as its model number.

Only it turned out that instead of Schott, they were using some cheap new manufacturer and leather this time, to lower the price. And presumably they provided this manufacturer with the Schott jacket to copy, so Schott's IP in the patterns was stolen.

Now I don't know if this is why they're no longer a Schott dealer, or which one broke it off. Certainly Legendary did not seem pleased that a number of us asked if the new Stallion was made by Schott. But just a few weeks ago, Legendary was allowed as an authorized dealer to advertise the new Schott Perfecto with Conmar zippers before even Schott did.

So I don't know how the final break happened. Given the pompous and self-righteous tone of their social media, I wouldn't be totally surprised if it turned out Legendary broke it off with Schott with the aim of selling higher margin lower quality jackets.

blobsterroll

One of the Regulars

Attachments

• WORK.jpg
    WORK.jpg
    777.6 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Viking752

Practically Family
Legendary was, until a couple of weeks ago, one of Schott's authorized dealers for selling the Schott product line.

In addition to this, Schott made a repro of the Buco J-24 D-Pocket as a private label item for Legendary. (I believe they made a Trojan repro too, but I don't quite recall.) Given how these collaborations work, this means that Legendary made the request, but Schott did everything from patterning to sourcing materials, to of course manufacture. Legendary offered this jacket for many years, in both black and brown horsehides.

This year, they announced that the jacket was coming back, so many of us jumped to order. (Schott horsehide and pattern quality + repro design, what's not to love?) The jacket was listed with photos of the Schott, as well as its model number.

Only it turned out that instead of Schott, they were using some cheap new manufacturer and leather this time, to lower the price. And presumably they provided this manufacturer with the Schott jacket to copy, so Schott's IP in the patterns was stolen.

Now I don't know if this is why they're no longer a Schott dealer, or which one broke it off. Certainly Legendary did not seem pleased that a number of us asked if the new Stallion was made by Schott. But just a few weeks ago, Legendary was allowed as an authorized dealer to advertise the new Schott Perfecto with Conmar zippers before even Schott did.

So I don't know how the final break happened. Given the pompous and self-righteous tone of their social media, I wouldn't be totally surprised if it turned out Legendary broke it off with Schott with the aim of selling higher margin lower quality jackets.
My favorite is where Legendary called a 100 year old company posers. Sad display

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My favorite is where Legendary called a 100 year old company posers. Sad display

There’s a bit of ‘s*** where you eat’ going on here too. They’re literally in the same state (about an hour apart); one is a family run 100 year old company that makes its own in-house jackets; the other is a glorified catalog.

Burning bridges was a stupid move…

Seems like those dorks removed Schott bashing posts from their IG. Not that it's any less embarrassing that way but still...

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Holy shit you guys... I just wanted to look badass with a leather jacket.

And now this is what I find. Should have just shipped my jacket as I asked. Also he should have stuck with Schott...

Attached, expertly created in MS paint.

Edit: Source https://www.justice.gov/usao-nj/pr/...irm-charged-34-million-insider-trading-scheme
“Legendary Prison Leathers” has a nice ring to it.
I’ll look forward to the Limited release(pun intended) of the Prison Blues Yard Coat knockoff, in leather of course.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner