Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets see some Pics of you wearing your Aeros

1911 Man

A-List Customer
Here's my first Aero, a 1940 contract A2

Open
HPIM1477.jpg

And partially zipped
HPIM1478.jpg

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Perfect fit on that Aero 911.

I have two Aero A2s I wear for work. A heavy steerhide for winter and a lighter horsehide for summer. Great jackets for work as they are so easy to move in. I will post some photos when I get the opportunity.

Thanks for the comments on my long half Belt chaps.

Burnsie, can’t think where I got the idea for the hat from (a leather Stetson)!! :)

Cheerio

James.

Sharpe

New in Town
I like the ANJ3, brown FQHH. Any special modifications? I like that style of jacket but most of the time they seem to be too baggy for the person wearing it - this one has a nice slim fit. Did you request a slim fit? Or just give them fairly exact measurements etc?

EDIT: How did you even order the jacket/find it on the site? I can only seem to find a 2nd hand anj-3 on the aero webpage.

Also noticed people can either buy aero jackets off ebay (USA aero 'store') or the aeroleathers website... however, i've noticed that there'd be a bit of a price difference (cheaper to convert AUD into pounds and buy off scotland rather than convert AUD to USD and buy from America). Is there any difference between the jackets on one and the other?

Also, do you pay for customisations/sizing changes? Are you able to send an aero jacket back if it doesnt fit quite right?

JanSolo

Practically Family
eClairvaux, the Cafe Racer is the plain back version with black cotton drill lining and nickel Aero main and sleeve zips. The Cheyenne wasn't altered much. The general pattern is a little trimmer, the body shorter, the pocket flaps scalloped like on an A2, and I got a curved highwayman yoke with a 2- piece instead of 3-piece back... that's it:p Don't forget to post some pics when your Cafe Racer has arrived...

Sharpe, most Aero jackets (in fact all) are true (pre/post) wartime fit. Therefore you won't find any oversized patterns to accomodate the modern, "horizontaly challenged" man;) . Except for their overcoats (Barnstormer, Cheyenne, Stockman, Veste de Rallye)Aero A2s, M422as etc. are trim fitting as they should be. You don't have to mention that you want your jacket to be neat fitting. Just supply your exact measurments and that's it. But be aware that there are a lot of custom options i.e. lining materials, pocket configurations, choice of zips (genuine and rattling wartime zip vs. premium RiRi or Aero branded) etc. Some option are free of charge, some cost a little extra. So you better do your homework and ask them as many questions as possible before you place your first order.
BTW: Marc Moye advises first time customers to buy through Aero Scotland.
And a leather collared M422a is what Aero calls an ANJ3...

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Tito, I've been completely stuck for a couple days on whether to go with brown or cordovan. Thank you so much for your photos -- cordovan it is.

1911_Man

hey, Man - this is really the most beautiful A2 i've ever seen: everything looks absolutely perfect from the picture: leather quality, colour, knit colour (really good choice!) and fits you amazingly!

overall, the complete style of the jacket is really made for you - this one is right-on-target!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24