Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's see your mechanical watches

Zoo

One of the Regulars
Fun with Seikos.

Attachments

• PXL_20230114_212017743~2.jpg
    PXL_20230114_212017743~2.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 67

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
The one on the left was the official NATO watch. All three have my favorite movement: Lemania c5100 movement. Solid as hell. the 5100 movement is one of the few movements that has been to space. Between my Sinn and Tumima I am set for my next space flight. LOL. Maybe again, to the edge of space. That is if I can still pass the physicals.

I am in the market for a Rolex gold day-date Arabic number dial. If you have any for sale, please let me know.
20160629_184351 (1).jpg

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would say, Titanium…;)

Tutima is at least well renowned for their fab Titanium watches.
And there’s a reason why they run Boccia as a lower end watch brand…:D

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Actually one of my favorites. Zeppelin Hindenburg LZ 129 automatic (Miyota 8215). I still freakin' love the retro dial.
I really love the retro styling of Zeppelin's more conservative models. I am toying with getting one of their models which happens to be quartz but all of their 100 Years models are similar. Anyways, an interesting brand that definitely is in a rather small design category.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Recently got both of these watches from a micro-brand called Detroit Mint located in... you guessed it. The guy who does them sources the parts from various places, then apparently assembles the watches in a clean room in his house, and regulates them. I got the black dial initially, found the silver subdials distracting to my eyes, so bought the white dial which is a lot easier for me to read. But both are really nice I think. The movement is an ST-19 which is a Chinese knock-off of an old Valjoux hand-wind mechanical chrono movement. So these need to be hand-wound, although fully-wound with basic timekeeping (no stopwatch useage) I got 53 hours from the black one and 51.5 hours from the white one, which is way more than that movement is supposedly rated. The only negative is the crown is small and hard to grip, which is a bit annoying for a hand-wound watch, but I find that if I grip the crown and turn the watch (rather than trying to hold the watch and spin the crown) it's acceptable. At the price point and overall decent quality, I'm happy though and easily overlook any quirks.

Here's the link for the company, which also offers some homage versions of old Seiko bullheads, etc.
https://www.detroitmint.net/

(photo is a screenshot from youtube, not my photo)

detroit mint cobra 18.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112