Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's See Your Watches! The Vintage Watch Thread.

Talbot

One Too Many
HHISIII said:
Well, I sent my payment for the Rolex off today via USPS express and he should have it tomorrow before noon. He says he'll ship same day if he gets it before noon, so I should have it when I go out this weekend.

Fingers crossed! Isn't waiting wonderful?

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
It's like being a kid at Christmas again!

Just as a reference for anyone interested, I paid $950 shipped and fully serviced from timelyclassics.com

He has a very nice selection of reasonably priced watches.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
Well, it shipped and should be here Thursday or Friday. I'm dying while waiting :rolleyes:
A few more pics from the ad
rolex2.jpg

rolex.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
HHISIII said:
Well, it shipped and should be here Thursday or Friday. I'm dying while waiting :rolleyes:
A few more pics from the ad
rolex2.jpg

rolex.jpg

Agony isn't it?

I must admit to not having seen an Essex before. Nice blue steel hands. The more I look the more I like.

My Super Oyster is a bit unusual in that the crown is not a screw down unit like yours (and most others I have seen). My watch guys tells me some American manufacture Rolex's were made without a screw down crown. I'm yet to see one[huh].

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
From the brief research I've done, it was a primarily European market watch.

I've got the tracking info on one of my tabs and keep hitting refresh periodically. :rolleyes:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Any Idea What These Are Worth?

I'm hoping you watch enthusiasts can give me an idea of the value of these two watches before I try to sell them. The Seiko Lasalle I bought in the early 80's for $400. The Nike came to my wife via family and she doesn't know the age. The face says "1500 professional 200 meters." Thanks for any help!

100_1647.jpg

DesertDan

One Too Many
I've always had perfectly good experiences with Timex. I have several that have served me well for over a decade or so. Simple, accurate, dependable, no frills just a new battery every once in a while.

Works for me.

HHISIII

One of the Regulars
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!
Any tips/tricks for the hand wound 15j movement? I just wound it a small amount as I don't want to overwind the spring. It's great watching that blued second hand make its 8bps!
I have to get a slightly longer band, as it's a fairly small watch, but it's exactly what I was looking for!!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
If the watch hasn't been professionally serviced, then get it serviced before you use it.

Once it's serviced and has been regulated, it should work just fine. Wind it up until the crown stops turning and then let it fly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters