Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's talk about wool coats, jackets, and vests

RiteStuffBryan

One of the Regulars
Awesome old jacket there.
I tend to prefer longer stuff when it comes to wool because I'm used to it keeping my rear end warm, but I'm not against something like that.
Actually I'd really like to eventually get something like it.
It’s nice to mix things up, this is a great short one but long ones are nice to have too for the aforementioned reasons.

Here’s one in 1946 that’s almost identical but seems slightly longer? Either that or he sized up one.

D5E14C33-89DD-47B5-B036-8673E268A08E.jpeg

WOW!!!! DO tell the story....where on earth did you find that?

This was a lucky find on yahoo actions, went for not much from some store that specializes in used women’s luxury bags lol

It’s nice to mix things up, this is a great short one but long ones are nice to have too for the aforementioned reasons.

Here’s one in 1946 that’s almost identical but seems slightly longer? Either that or he sized up one.

View attachment 491554

This was a lucky find on yahoo actions, went for not much from some store that specializes in used women’s luxury bags lol
Incredible! That’s a grail piece if I’ve ever seen one. Not a term I throw around lightly as it’s been diluted IMO but that jacket….WOW! Windward jackets are incredible and one could easily argue they are the defining point of luxury outerwear for the era.

I’ve all but given up my hopes for a jacket like yours in my size and turned my attention to the Western style wools from the 40’s and 50’s. They seem to have withstood the years better for whatever reason and aren’t quite as scarce. I’m diligently looking for a square dance partner for this one. I’ve worn this just about everyday since it arrived.
D1C862FD-E4E1-4B36-89C0-EB7B4D70CC0E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points