Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's talk Italian suits

Red Leader

One of the Regulars
I ran a search but it didn't turn up much of anything.

Frequently while I am thrifting, I will come across many an Italian suit. Some of these suits are the most accurate reproductions of vintage suits I've ever seen, with the wide, pointed lapels with buttonholes on each, wide button stance, correct button placement (DB, higher up), broad shoulders and slim overall cut. The insides of the suits still have the full lining and modern tags, but the external appearance is very vintage, at least when comparing photos.

Usually in the inside pocket there will be a slip of paper with a ton of information, except that I haven't found a date for any of them yet.

Has anyone studied or checked out any of these suits? What are some common manufacturers? Did the Italian style of making suits just hold on to the vintage themes longer than American suits? I don't know much about suits from other countries so I'm trying to learn more about them.

There is one suit jacket I am thinking of in particular...it looked killer and the fabric was incredible. The jacket fit me but the sleeves were too short. If it is possible to lengthen the sleeves I might have to go take a look at it again, but I've come across many suits (and suit jackets specifically) of Italian origin that totally remind me of everything that we look for in a vintage suit, appearance wise.

What are your thoughts and experiences with Italian suits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran