Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Tell A Story

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I used to enjoy this process with a group around a campfire when I was a kid, and i wondered whether it would be fun here with you folks. I suspect so.

The idea is to add a few lines to what's already been spoken, or written, in our case. The story can and will take many surprising turns. So let out your inner storyteller and contribute a bit when you feel like it, okay? I'll start things off with . . .

"What bothered him most wasn't the heat, but rather why no one would stop for a normal-looking guy who obviously didn't make a habit of bumming rides. It was only 8:37 a.m. and already well into the 90's. He'd walked as far as he could in his wingtips, which were now pretty much trashed. As the traffic steadily whooshed by and his right shoulder burned from keeping an ineffective thumb raised, he thought back to . . . "

Alex

Practically Family
"the time when he was just a boy, watching his older brother Joe race that car right into the ditch. Funniest thing he'd ever seen, and boy did their father give him a good lickin' for crashing it. Of course, that wasn't as bad as when.."

J.W.

A-List Customer
... he had accidentally set fire to the front porch. They hardly managed to get his grandmother out of her armchair in the living-room. Suddenly, an old Studebaker pulled up next to him and...

..... said the bartender as a huge ash fell from the fat cigar clinched tightly between pearly teeth. The next move would,of course,be up to the man in the cocked Panama clicking his heels against the bar stool while twisting his waxed interpretation of a handlebar ready to word his objection. Just then the metallic clink of a coin swallowed by the juke box announce her presence. Sultry saxy jazz filled the room as she slid onto the bar...leaned over close..sweet fragrance lingering near..and softly whispered.."But..Scotrace..........

....she said with stern defiance. Stomping her foot with pouty lower lip...accusing frown contorting perfectly shaped brow...and fireworks dancing in her eyes. But..suddenly..he..stepped out of the shadows. She knew it was him by his......

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda