Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's Tell A Story

....Nancy! Nancy, whom he had known since grade school. The same Nancy that had spurned his amorous advances back when they had attended More Science High School, class of '32.
"I don't feel so swell,......", he slurred, as he tripped over one of the ropes that held the big top firmly to the now undulating ground beneath his staggering feet,....then falling flat on his face in a drugged stupor,......

...Nancy grabbed his wallet and ran! Right into the arms of...

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
...Rocky Rococo,..smarmy little Moroccan "antiquities" dealer and probable Coke addict.
"Going somewhere?",..he hissed with thinly veiled concern, as he slurped through the straw at his large Coke.

Last edited:
Trembling in fear...she new that she now had nowhere to go. She had felt what she was pretty sure was a scimitar hidden in his pants and the bulge of revolver under his vest. These things always made a little man..er..not quite so petite anymore. His breath reeked of goat bile that he always used to spike his Coke...just to be even more despicable. She turned her head quickly to see Danger trying to get to his feet. The .45 was in his hand as he swayed to regain balance. Then..out of the blue..it happened..! All she remembered was the noise as....

Last edited:
..they were stumbling through complete darkness as the broken glass of the overhead light crunched beneath their feet. She leaned near to ask what they could do...when she smelled goat bile and Coke as he breathed..'Follow me'. Uh Oh...!!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
........she was delirious. Flashbacks raced through her head,...the cold sting on her palms was all she felt. "Uhhnnn,...uhhhnnnn,.....!,......Nancy?!,...Are you ok??!!" said Nick.
"Why,..yes,..yes,.." said Nancy.
"Then stop slapping me!", Danger exclaimed.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
and then he passed out.

When he came to, he found himself in a place unlike any he had ever experienced before. All he could see was white and blue pastels, with some willowy orange around the edges. He felt light as a feather, almost as if there was nothing under him to support him, yet he was supported, because, after all, he could feel he wasn't falling.

He propped himself up on one elbow and blinked a few times, attempting to clear his vision. But he got the impression he was still in the middle of a fog bank.

Suddenly, he became aware of movement - his own. He was moving - straight ahead and feet first in a horizontal direction. He looked up and could now see a face over him, hear the slight squeak of a wheel, and as he continued to scan the area to try to figure out where he was, he could make out shapes.

Suddenly, he realized! He knew where he was! . . .

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
He could recognize the surroundings...they had entered a "piggly wiggly" market, in hopes of finding a place to hide behind the crate filled with watermelons on the floor...but then they noticed someone looking at them and,...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
suddenly realized that he was now being wheeled down a hospital corridor with Nancy, an empty box of Cracker Jack, an overturned Coca-Cola cup, a yo-yo, and eleven car-less clowns in tow. As they reached the end of the corridor the gurney hit the swinging doors. They pushed through and found themselves . . .

..in a flowery garden of lush green palms and succulent fruits of vivid..almost neon glowing colors. A hum prevailed and magnified as they stood in awe...as every creation actually sang harmony to glorify the presence of love and welcoming into the other side. For you see...the Moroccan had actually rocked their world and sent them off on the journey of no return. The little weasel had been successful..the slug had hit it's mark..the poison done it's deed. Everything else was now of little matter. Nancy reached beneathe her flimsy gown and presented the wallet..just as the Major offered up the diamond ring. The clowns backed off and desolved into puddles of paint and powder. That's how it is..in a perfect world. No clowning around. Just then a glittering winged creature glided out from within a brilliant incandescent light that radiated with great peace..life..health and pure happiness...boldly announcing.....

Belladonna_dea

Familiar Face
GO BACK! It's not your time! Suddenly slammed back into reality's cold truth, no longer in this magnificent world of pureness. Then I realized, my body wasn't mine! .....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
but the answer was a clear NO! We need to keep going so they won't find us looking like this, quick, let's call a cab and we can head out for Vegas and see....

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
And so, off to Vegas they head, taking a red eye flight out of town, to land at the city that never sleeps...but as they get off the plane, the realize that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles