Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Levis type 1 in leather

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Does anyone know who might make this early "blouse" type 1 jacket in leather?

I see Whitefeather does it in cotton duck and a magazine shows "high large" which I think is an unobtanium Japanese brand but is there an "affordable" option with custom fitting? My wife really likes it but she will strongly object to the Japanese pricing, heck even Aero pricing makes her nervous but I am hoping to be in that general stratosphere...

Thanks

P.s. my custom bootlegger is very close. I am so excited and oddly nervous. Is that normal when a jacket is due to arrive?

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gap used to make the Type 3 in leather for ladies but no type 1. RRL made a few but in men size. BTW the various product lines of Ralph Lauren had some interesting vintage style leather jackets in the past. You can take a look at ebay. Like this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Ral...489168?hash=item25ce090b50:g:Kb0AAOSw5cNYh~dV
The cheapest one I can find is made in China but in men size. You can find it on Taobao. There are a few other Japanese brands besides High Large that make the type 1 but those are all men size and off the shelf.
As for custom fitting, you already have the list Aero, SB,, Johnson etc. I think they will be willing to make one for you but I don't think they have one on display at their website.

Last edited:

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Blackadder could you send me or post a direct link from taobao? Im not finding it (easily) and scrolling through the thousands of bad jackets is making me queasy...

thank you!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As said there are also tons of interesting Ralph Lauren jackets out there. It's just that most of us here would not be interested in those because most are women's and most have extra soft "fashion" leather. Here is a copy of the Peter's Tailor jacket only sleeveless.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ralph-Laure...540849?hash=item237e0b8a31:g:H5wAAOSw44BYVo87
RL also have copies of Superior Leathertogs, Buco and Beck.
Sorry may have gone off post but just to illustrate that you may be able to find a Type 1 style by RL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot