Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Life with ONE great Leather Jacket vs. Life with MANY Leather Jackets

A-1

One Too Many
Nice, sounds good.
Have you heard of the Burgol products overseas? http://www.burgol.de
I don’t know if it’s a good idea to use them. I have some of them at home. Or Saphir Renovateur. I use that stuff on my boots and it seems to work quite nicely. What do you think about using it on a hh jacket?

mendelboaz

One Too Many
I'm thinking of selling all my leather jackets save my Two Tone J106, to become a one-jacket guy and an engineer boot enthusiast. Included are a Lost Worlds A2 (42, fits like 40), a brown steerhide Aero Highwayman (38) and a brown comp. weight Vanson Comet (40).

And it's the one you were initially least impressed with! But why HWM? Wasn't that your favourite of the bunch? Mendel, my friend, think of me first if you're truly going to get rid of that Comet. It's exactly in my size.

the loco

One of the Regulars
I'm thinking of selling all my leather jackets save my Two Tone J106, to become a one-jacket guy and an engineer boot enthusiast. Included are a Lost Worlds A2 (42, fits like 40), a brown steerhide Aero Highwayman (38) and a brown comp. weight Vanson Comet (40).

As much as I like the HWM style, the two-tone J106 looks spectacular.

morrison2951

Practically Family
Still loving my reddish tan HH Vanson Enfield as my go-to jacket. Been kicking around in a custom HH cossack collar by fishmeok. Exotic deerskin G&B A-2 and classic Cooper goat A-2 round out my jacket collection.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
And it's the one you were initially least impressed with! But why HWM? Wasn't that your favourite of the bunch? Mendel, my friend, think of me first if you're truly going to get rid of that Comet. It's exactly in my size.

Ivan, my friend, that is true.. The HWM was my favorite but I find that I wear my J106 most of all. It's the most special jacket, the leather is the nicest, it fits best of all and it is the bestlooking one IMO. Plus it goes best with engineer boots.. I'm not sure about selling because I'd be giving up a hell of a lot.. But once I've got clear what is the most important to me and made my decision, I'll let you know ;).

PS I'm on holiday right now, when I'm back I owe you a long overdue PM reply. Take care buddy and talk to you soon.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yeah go for it Mendel, your two tone is obviously very versatile, would fit with anything. I myself settle with 3 for leather jackets, I hope I can stay in that line.

If you didn't join this site, you'd likely have one jacket, and that would have cost 1/8 of what you paid for your favorite jacket in your closet. This place really should have a parental warning... :rofl:

avique

One of the Regulars
If you didn't join this site, you'd likely have one jacket, and that would have cost 1/8 of what you paid for your favorite jacket in your closet. This place really should have a parental warning... :rofl:

How true it is! I was once happy with my single leather jacket from Wilson's but than one day my wife told me it was time I replaced it. While looking online I came across TFL and was forever corrupted. Now I have several nice leather jackets and no money.

True. I had a lovely sheepskin brown jacket that was three sizes too large for me and a Hein Gericke CR and I was perfectly happy with 'em...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass