Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lipstick on your teeth....

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Every single time I wear red lipstick some of it always rubs off on my teeth (actually my invisalign but still basically the same thing) - how do you ladies normally stop this from happening?

I do the usual blotting off excess but am I missing some great secret?

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Okay, the only way I've been able to prevent this is...pass your finger through your lips (like you were licking the cookie bowl or something) after you apply-and-blot. It gets rid of whatever lipstick is near enough to your teeth to get on your lips.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
sweetfrancaise said:
Okay, the only way I've been able to prevent this is...pass your finger through your lips (like you were licking the cookie bowl or something) after you apply-and-blot. It gets rid of whatever lipstick is near enough to your teeth to get on your lips.

Seconded! Works like a charm.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
when you blot your lips, stick the tissue in between your lips to blot, rather than blotting from the front.

ruby_cadillac

New in Town
sweetfrancaise said:

Works for me too!
I also put the thinest layer of vaseline on the bit of my lip nearest to my teeth to stop the lipstick bleeding into the part i've blotted - it creates a good barrier.

rachw182

New in Town
sixsexsix said:
Every single time I wear red lipstick some of it always rubs off on my teeth (actually my invisalign but still basically the same thing) - how do you ladies normally stop this from happening?

I do the usual blotting off excess but am I missing some great secret?

My mom taught me this too! It has always worked for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic