Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

List of Those Owed Funds for Jacket Orders Placed With Mark Moye - Aero USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
You're welcome. Also, anyone we previously offered a 10% discount to on their orders, it'll now be processed as 20% off instead.

I'd just like to chime in a second. I feel as bad as anyone here (having not lost any money) - and in some ways worse since I indeed have been one to praise Aero and AEROUSA on this and other forums over the last few years. People have ordered jackets based on these statements.
But I am concerned with the declaration that special treatment was given to some of us. While that may have been done - unbeknownst to "us", the inference is that "we" somehow knew about this or participated in it. While that hopefully is unintentional, it makes me feel even worse that ANYONE might interpret it that way. I - along with others - got duped too. Not with money, but something more important to me - TRUST. I'm still rather in a state if shock over this. I didn't rush to judgment of Mark as I've seen that happen far too often in life. Usually the results are pretty awful. I'd hope I'd get the benefit of the doubt if I was accused of wrongdoing. After some time though, it appears Mark may have indeed got himself into deep trouble, leaving a wake of disaster.
I feel awful for anyone who was as excited as I have been over a jacket order. I feel bad for Aero for being in such an awful position here - financially and otherwise. It's frankly sucked the joy out of this hobby - at least in the short term. I hope my friends at AERO Scotland realize I would not jump to judgment of them either. It's not in my character. I truly hoped this was a big mistake, and Mark would take care of things and all would be happy. Sadly, this will play out slowly and likely with mixed results.

tater

New in Town
Butte, you must be the only person reading this who is reading those statements that way. As someone mostly just reading, I never read ANY of the posts talking about special treatment as implying ANY culpability on the part of the forum members.

How many times does she have to say that it was just Moye being clever?

It's like a restaurant that makes mediocre, unhygienic food. They see the NYT restaurant reviewer walk in, and they make HIM an awesome meal. Just him. Everyone else gets slop.

Reviewer writes a great review, future diners get burned.

Reviewer got a good meal. He told truth. Wasn't his fault.

This has been said now multiple times, it seems pretty clear.

dr.velociraptor

One of the Regulars
Butte, you must be the only person reading this who is reading those statements that way. As someone mostly just reading, I never read ANY of the posts talking about special treatment as implying ANY culpability on the part of the forum members.

How many times does she have to say that it was just Moye being clever?

It's like a restaurant that makes mediocre, unhygienic food. They see the NYT restaurant reviewer walk in, and they make HIM an awesome meal. Just him. Everyone else gets slop.

Reviewer writes a great review, future diners get burned.

Reviewer got a good meal. He told truth. Wasn't his fault.

This has been said now multiple times, it seems pretty clear.

Don't bother I tried to explain it to him, he doesn't want to hear it, if he heard it he wouldn't have a way to turn all this attention back to himself.

garzo

One of the Regulars
I've bought several jackets from Aero Scotland over the years and have always been very happy with their service and I am sure I will order from them again.

Regarding Moye using the AeroUSA name, it's not something that is uncommon. For example, there's an online vendor of Schott jackets in Germany that uses the Schott name on its website. The vendor specializes in Schott jackets, but is not owned or operated by Schott -- it's an independent seller. Lots of vendors of brand products, whether brand-name jeans or shoes, motorcylce wear, automobiles, recreational equipment, etc. -- also use the names of their products in their enterprises both in Germany and the United States and in other countries -- it's something that is very common.

It's certainly not reason in itself to attack the actual manufacturer of the product when a business violates or disregards standard business practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace