Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loakes Shoes

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
My local cobblers trade from an 18th century building. They have been there as long as I can remember. It seems as if time has stood still for this old shop.
They only seem to sell loakes shoes and carry out shoe repairs and very little else.

In these days of large chains and internet shopping it’s great to still be able to shop in a traditional environment, and you are still addressed as Sir or Madame.

Traditional independent shops in my town that have been trading for many years (70/80 plus years) are now closing.

Having a mind to purchase a pair of Loakes I thought it best to buy them locally from the old cobblers, while I still can.

James.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great bang for your buck.

Loakes are great value for money. Personally, I feel that they are very undervalued against the other names like Cheaney, Trickers, Churches..etc. Personally, I think they are just as good (at substantially less money). Nice boot!!

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I like Loake's. And that same pair of chukkas is on my current 'to buy' list.

I've had a pair of Loake Burford boots since 2005, worn them every other day and they're going strong. Although the leather's not as fine as on my recently sale-bought Tricker's, it's still good quality.

I agree with Paddy that they're an under-appreciated maker.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
jamespibworth@n said:
My local cobblers trade from an 18th century building. They have been there as long as I can remember. It seems as if time has stood still for this old shop.
They only seem to sell loakes shoes and carry out shoe repairs and very little else.

In these days of large chains and internet shopping it’s great to still be able to shop in a traditional environment, and you are still addressed as Sir or Madame.

Traditional independent shops in my town that have been trading for many years (70/80 plus years) are now closing.

Having a mind to purchase a pair of Loakes I thought it best to buy them locally from the old cobblers, while I still can.

James.

This Kempton Chukka with the Zug/Scotch Grain finish is regarding as in the first ranking of Loakes.

Could Bartenders put this in the Shoes blog in Accoutrements please?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran