Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Look out! Coming soon to a city near you....hopefully

LadyStardust

Practically Family
That looks stunning! :eek:

*sigh*

Too bad, like everything else, it's mainly only on the west coast. I can't help but be slightly annoyed that everything always takes place there, and never gives the east coasters a chance to experience such places. And I'm not at a point in life to just fling cash around to jet set to such places whenever.
Oh well, anyways...great place! :)

Also, you may want to change the link so it reads bingcrosbysrestaurant.com, as without the s on crosby, the link just takes to you a page full of links. ;) :)

topcat

Familiar Face
Oh yes Lady Stardust , noticed the extra "s" thing, right after I posted.
My instincts say this restaurant chain is headed for the TOP.
As far as eastcoast, under their locations link ,they already have one
planned for West Palm Beach FL, spring 2008.

Steve

Practically Family
That is one restaurant where I would not feel embarrased to be a waiter! Wow! If only there was one within immediate driving distance.

topcat

Familiar Face
See what you mean about the hat there JM......looks like the average
country gentlemens hat you can find at a Lord and Taylors or Bloomies,
yet in a porkpie hat size with a fedora crown.....well it certainly is a
generic representation of the kind of lid Bing liked to cap off with.

Boston, Daisy? Hopefully EVERY major US city!

waingirl

One of the Regulars
sigh!!

It looks wonderful!! I wish there could be one on the north east side of the country, boy, we are missing out on everything!!:(

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
Just tell me the place will have HAT RACKS! I've been to many "Vintage-themed" restaurants and not one has a damn hat rack! :rage:

See you have hit the nail on the head with the 'vintage themed' description....

While I am sure its a fab place, and perfect for Loungers, it might be quite hard to parlay that into a nationwide chain type thing.....because for everyone else, its a novelty theme, and those places don't always succeed.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Miss Neecerie said:
While I am sure its a fab place, and perfect for Loungers, it might be quite hard to parlay that into a nationwide chain type thing.....because for everyone else, its a novelty theme, and those places don't always succeed.

That's exactly what I was thinking the second I saw this thread. Certain ideas sound great and could prove to be very successful but when you turn it loose to mainstream America I doubt it would last in many places.

While novelty themed restaurants are on my mind I can't help but think about how I wish there was a Jack Rabbit Slim's round the corner I could pop into for a $5 milkshake lol. Who wouldn't want to go there? lol

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Call me a cynic, or call me spoiled after living in San Francisco. But it looks like a suburban mall restaurnat that will look kind of nice and be full of people in khakis and jeans with a few pictures of crosby on the wall.

I would much prefer finding a cool older lounge that maybe features a jazz combo on the weekend.

We actually had a great place her in Seattle that has since close. It was a lounge under the El Gaucho restaurant. The restaurant was a traditional argentinian steak restaurant laid out much like the kind you see in the old movies. And in the lower floor they had a lounge with a jazz combo every weekend. and the coolest part was it was frequented by the young hip crowd who would come by for a drink before whatever they did all night. It was kind of aprefun thing. That kept if energetic and cool. Sadly, it is closed now.

topcat

Familiar Face
If Ruth's Chris, Morton's and Sullivan's can make it , so can this.
No it's not a steakhouse, but missin the point to dismiss it as novelty.
Hatracks..........a mall place........yeah.....ok.........

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
It has four locations. One has got to come up to New York sooner or later.

They're making their way through Texas. They went west. Next they'll go north and east.

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
The place looks great. The website certainly does.

Between now and Bing's San Diego opening in 2008, those of you in the San Diego area may wish to visit Milton's restaurant in the Flower Hill Mall on Via De La Valle in Del Mar, across the freeway from the Del Mar Racetrack.

Milton's has mid-20th-century style with a quasi-kosher deli menu. They have posters and photos on the walls from around the WWII era. Since Bing Crosby is so closely associated with the race track, they have photos of him at the track signing autographs.

I highly recommend the skirt steak, (dinner or sandwich,) mish mosh soup, and chicken in a pot.

Last time I was there is didn't have hat racks so that much is true. It is a stand alone restaurant up here. The faire is not exactly a cheap steakhouse either. ;) I doubt this could be compared to any mall restaurant I have ever been in. Good luck on getting a reservation less than a week in advance either. I managed to weedle my way in the first time I was there but most people might not be able to talk that fast. ;) :p
These guys standing in front of the place can't be wrong:
SF_gathering_2005_color.jpg

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy