Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a good quality M-65 or even better M-43

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hello everybody,

the title says it all. I am looking for a good quality and if possible slimmer fitting M-65 or M-43 (which I prefer). The jackets should be of decent quality and if possible available in Europe to avoid custom charges. I am prepared to pay quite a sum for such a jacket but not as much as a RealMcCoys or Buzz Rickson's cost.
Any suggestions are much appreciated!

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Ebay,

Ebay or Vintagetrends. Look for issue/ vintage issue, military size that has the fit you are looking for. Military sizes i.e. Med Regular, Whatever the max chest size (inches) says on the tag, the actual measurement is about 7 inches more. You can find out the actual measurements including the length(sleeve and body) differences by looking up the specification for the M-65. MIL-C-43455J is the specification. It takes a little research, but you'll get a better sized garment than the fashion ones available because the fashion ones don't meet the range and resolution of military issue sizes. I have the spec so if you are interested in a size that you have found, I can relay the measurements based on the specs.

Speedster

Practically Family

Edward

Bartender
Jan, SoFmilitary.co.uk, as Speedster recommends, are great. I don't have either of those jackets, but my Bush jacket cae from them and I am very pleased with both price and quality. The service was excellent too - rapid posting. FWIW, a lot of what they stock is the WPG product. I'm planning to buy an M-41 from them soon.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Thanks again everybody! Some very useful links which I've already bookmarked.

Filfoster, that M-43 from "At the Front" appears to be of excellent quality. I've spoken to them on the phone yesterday and they were very helpful. They told me that most customers buy their M-43 as a well made and cool looking utility jacket and not for re-enacting. They also offer some very nice all Goodyear-welted Roughouts and Boondockers at a very good price. For a pair of those and the jacket incl. UPS shipping I am currently looking at approx. 230 Dollars plus custom charges. Quite a sum. But at the current super strong Euro-exchange rate that's only Abracadabra...Simsalabim 153 Euros.:D Too good to pass!!

Edward, the M-41 you were talking about is also a dead-cool jacket. I think later next year I will get one of those as well.

Thanks again everybody for your input.

Cheers,

Jan

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hi Speedster,

don't get me wrong on this. Denmark is a lovely country and when I was a child I really enjoyed the family trips to the danish west coast and to Bornholm. But these days longer stays in Denmark are unaffordable for a German. Going out costs you an arm and a leg and booze is incredibly expensive. One week of comfortable danish holidays in a rented bungalow by the sea equals two weeks of comfortable holidays in Crete in a very good hotel.
Please feel free to PM me if you want to order something from ATF. I will be placing an order in mid january (when the M-43 is back in stock). I'm sure that we can work something out...

Speedster

Practically Family
Thanks for the offer Jan. Very much appreciated. But i am far from ready to order anything with Christmas coming up and most of the family having birthdays in October and November. And my own birthday and Christmas presents have already been bought earlier in the year when visiting London.:)

And yes, Denmark is very expensive to visit and to live in. I can fly to London for the same amount as a train ticket to Aarhus..[huh]

Edward

Bartender
I spent a long weekend in Copenhagen back in 2001, lovely city. I did find it very expensive compared to London, though at that I bought a couple of bits in an army surplus store in the centre of town which were very reasonably priced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav