Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a Particular (Ladies) Hat

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Hello all

New member, first thread started. My sister is looking for a rather broad-brimmed straw hat, perhaps in black, with a lower crown. Though I know a number of vendor's for quality men's hats, I have yet to find a site that sells fine ladies' hats... any suggestions?

My sister has said that the closest hats that she has seen that are like those that she is searching for have turned up as vintage finds on ebay, however we've yet to try this route.

Any advice is appreciated, as I'd really like to find her a good, quality hat.

Thanks!

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
Hi RP, and welcome to the Lounge!! I am truly not very knowledgeable about womens hats so maybe someone else can speak to quality, but I have ordered supplies from www.millerhats.com and they seem very knowledgeable and do sell womens hats. Might be a good place to start. Good luck!!

JP

RP McMurphy

One of the Regulars
Thanks RP!

Sorry, but it doesn't seem like there was anything like what she's looking for at Miller Hats... Good resource for future searches though!

Does anyone know a good vendor (online or in the NY area) that sells vintage women's hats? That might be our best bet...

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
There is a place in my area where every Saturday they have everything from arts and crafts, ethnic foods, roasted coffee and peanuts through vintage clothing items... Call it what you will, flea market, swap meet, strip district whatever... I would suggest looking at these places plus the usual antique stores, thrift stores, estate and garage sales........ Man a fine item at a very decent price has been found by the folks here at the lounge, not to mention our classifieds also.....

Good hunting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic