Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks like I'm headed to a bit of an interesting party.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Alright, I've got this friend who is having a birthday at the end of the week. She's a real sweet gal. She's always had a fascination with the golden era, just like I, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her an enthusiast.

She's been planning this huge shin-dig for a long time now, and a while back it was announced to be a golden era themed party. Oh boy, you could have imagined my excitement to opening up that invitation.

Needless to say I wanted to do something special.

Upon reading more into it, it's actually going to be a bit of an odd party...all the guests are suppossed to be in an image of a particular figure from the era.

So I got to thinking...I've had this group of friends that for ages has insisted on calling me a clone of Howard Hughes. I'm a bit of a germaphobe (one fella in particular has mentioned that within twenty years, I'll be wearing kleenex boxes on my feet), I'm an aspiring engineer (every piece of paper I've ever written on has some sort of floor plan, schematic, or sketch on it), an aircraft enthusiast, and, most notably, a vintage dresser. These things have, apparently, added up, and...the reputation stuck. I obviously take it as a compliment, being as I am a Hughes follower, and it was meant as a compliment anyway.

Well, surprise surprise, they picked me to be Howard Hughes.

So I started getting an outfit ready. I took my favorite 3-piece suit and spiced it up a little bit. I never liked the fit of the pants, so I ditched them and added instead my beloved pair of PIR cargos.

Party3.png

That's my Worth fedora on the topper...matching tie and pocket square (that's become a bit of a signature for me, I suppose), and my cap toes.
If I really wanted to spruce it up, I could add a brown shirt to match the pants. But I just didn't think it looked quite as classic.

So...whaddya think, fellas? Am I on the right track?

I always liked the pictures of HH when he was getting ready to fly some new aeroplane. :eusa_clap

You're off to a good start, but I can't go with those pants with the jacket and vest. [huh] My personal feelings here.

poetman

A-List Customer
There are too many colors between the pants, shoes, and jacket and vest. i think the most classic look would be a suit or something Hughes would wear to fly. Normally one doesn't wear a vest with a sport jacket. A 3 piece suit should match. Add a moustache if you don't already have one.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Hmm, righto, thanks for the suggestions folks.

I didn't think about the mustache. That would definitely be a good touch...too bad I just shaved all but an hour ago :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace