Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks like the Boater was THE hat in Havana, Cuba in 1930....

Big_e

Practically Family
Thanks for sharing. The boater is a fine hat and I wore one quit a bit this summer. I put it away for the cooler weather and brought out my wool caps and felts.
Ernest

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
It's a shame Cuba isn't the Las Vegas of the Caribean like it should be...I can only imagine how the free market could drastically change the economy and life of the average Cuban citizen.

Super news reel! I was in Havana for a fencing world cup tournament back in 1998. It was a real shame to see the place crumbling a part.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Back in the 40s/50s it was but btwn Buatista and the US mob, the Cuban people did'nt fare to well. It would be great if it could return to being the Las Vegas type place, just this time the people of Cuba make the money :)

azshawn

Familiar Face
Great news reel, thanks for posting! Like others said it's a shame that Cuba isn't as nice as it could be, for Cubans and the rest of us. Boater sightings start around 2:18 BTW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff