Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds Easy Ryder Zipper Questions

Kris B

Familiar Face
I'm about to order an Easy Ryder and Stuart has been very helpful but is totally neutral on the zippers for this jacket. He says and I believe him that the stock #5 is the perfect size and quality for the jacket but if I want, I can upgrade to a stock style #10 or a crown #10 so I wanted to get the opinion of owners out there.
Has anyone had trouble with the #5 zipper? If you have it do you love it?
Has anyone upgraded to the #10 (non crown) and had issues? Who out there says crown only?
Any feedback greatly is appreciated and Merry Christmas!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have owned several LW jackets. The zippers are a sore spot for me.
If you get the 4 oz hide get the #10 zipper. But I have had issues with the non-crown #10 zippers. One was totally useless because it took great effort to get it to slide up or down. I told Stuart about it but he was very dismissive.
Otherwise, they are great jackets of serious and superior construction.
Ask him to test the zipper before he ships the jacket to be sure.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
I prefer the Crown, I have it on 3 of my LW horsehide jackets. I have not had any issue with the other # 10 brass but I personally like the slide of the Crown zips. My hands just don't work with the smaller zips.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Crown #10 would be the best option as main zipper, esp. for LW MC jacket, crown #5 zippers work well on sleeves and pockets.
Of course, #5 main zippers work well too, but mostly on midweight jackets.
In case with LW jackets Crown #10 works best as main zipper. It’s quite pricey, but it’s worth it.

Last edited:

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Crown all day be advised you can ask for the 10 with circular end like on this ryder. Or you can get the 10 with the square end. Look at the buco ryder for best pic of circular end on web site. Look at j 24 on web pg. To see the one with square end.
My test with square end is black jacket
4d36603ea55bdfe165ffa2d5dee58760.jpg
0945b46351bcd26aad5106ed654135a9.jpg
7887b5a2ef4b354cd9ed7f4377d523f1.jpg
6b2129a2f40c46b6b37c94e7ce78afa2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just make sure to ask if the zipper is NOS and how old it is! You don't want the cotton tape to rip apart the third time you're zipping up the jacket because the zipper's been sitting in some musty old basement for the last 40 years.

Old zippers are nice but cotton degrades. If you're already paying $450 for a bloody zipper, make sure it'll last.

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Just make sure to ask if the zipper is NOS and how old it is! You don't want the cotton tape to rip apart the third time you're zipping up the jacket because the zipper's been sitting in some musty old basement for the last 40 years.

Old zippers are nice but cotton degrades. If you're already paying $450 for a bloody zipper, make sure it'll last.

I wonder, do you speak from experience?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff