Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lost Worlds J23 - Size 44 nearly new

There really is no comparison. And to be honest, pretty much anything exceeds Buco in quality and durability.
Of what must've been a hundred original Bucos that appeared on eBay since I've been paying attention, I don't think I've seen more than maybe two or three jackets that weren't falling apart.

So as far as I am concerned, repro is the only way to go if you actually plan on wearing your jacket. And LW is best of the best. Wherever you start, this here is the jacket you upgrade to.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
So it seems my measurements are off just a bit on the Pit to Pit. I wrestle with getting this just right. So:
It's right at 21.5 Seam to Seam, and bottom of material under the sleeve to the same on the other side it's just a bit over 22".

Please Ask Questions - I am interested to move this jacket along. Thanks

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello Psant - I did have it there. The sale ended a few days back and I have not renewed it.

Any intrest in it?

Psant25

One Too Many
have one to move then i might be. have two JL on the way so i dont know. measurements look pretty good im usually a 40-42 i like a little room to move in them. i have a 40 inch chest and with the leather thickness and lining i think it would fit fine

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
have one to move then i might be. have two JL on the way so i dont know. measurements look pretty good im usually a 40-42 i like a little room to move in them. i have a 40 inch chest and with the leather thickness and lining i think it would fit fine
This is a superior work of art!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I'll take $1100 for this...need to move it along. CONUS Shipping included at this price.
Now re-listed on ebay as same deal. Really need to get this moved on....thanks :)

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the question here. This is a Stock "Size 44" LW J23. When I called and spoke with Stuart to order it, he inidcated it was an upcharge for longer sleeves than the ones listed. So I asked him to make them as "long as standard could be". I also looked into other linings, and a belt, but each addition or change would have netted another $200-250 on an already expensive jacket. So all that to say it's stock. A belt could be ordered from LW anytime.

Let me know if any other questions...

Still toying with the idea of this, but I am perplexed by the measurements. I have had a number of LW jackets in size 42 and 44, but none of the 44s had a small as chest as this one

Similarly, I have owned two original Buco J23s (no, I should never have sold them) one a 42 and the other a 44 andhe measurements of this one are right at what the 42 was.

What size do you normally wear in either a suit jacket or some other leather jackets for reference?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Hello and thanks for the question. I am typically a 44L in suit size, can squeeze into a 42L. It's certainly a 44L but a trim one, meaning it fits very well with just a pinch extra of room, but I would not be able to wear a hoodie under this jacket unless un-zipped. Hope that helps!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Keep it friend! If you like, I can locate some original gold talon pullers and half bridges to make you jacket look more like the originals. I am lucky to find a great person who can sell me some nice old stock zippers at a good price. Look at this link, I have some talon zipper with a nice half bridge/half moon stop.

Far left zipper with a nice pull and half bridge stop for back and all front zippers.
did not make the cut.jpg

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/which-direction-with-lw-j23-build.95377/

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ This is very nice;

I am re-listing this jacket (with no more wear) for $1000. Shipping in CONUS included. Other countries we can work out shipping costs. PM me if interested. Lots of thought about it before I decided this. Need to move it on...thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider