Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunar Eclipse Feb. 20th

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Portland is a go

It was rainy/cloudy all day but at 5, it cleared up and there's not a cloud in the sky. I'll post my pics shortly.

DblCoronaMS

One of the Regulars
Jut saw it with my 8 year old son. A little cloudy but visible as the clouds moved. I know for a fact that he saw it because I didn't describe it to hom and he says "Daddy! It's red!"

jayem

A-List Customer
Just ended. It was pretty neat. I tried getting some good pictures, but nothing turned put as good as what my eyes saw.

Brinybay

Practically Family
It stayed clear here for most of the start of it. I was scuba diving in Elliot Bay at it's peak. The sea lions were particularly noisy before we got in the water. While at depth, two large harbor seals kept buzzing us through much of the dive.

But none of that can really be attributed to the eclipse. The sea lions are always barking at who-knows-what-or-why, much like your neighbor's annoying dog. The harbor seals like to buzz us at night because they take advantage of our lights inadvertantly illuminating their prey, small fish.

It was behind clouds when we finished.

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
it was kinda weird up here because after the moon was uncovered it wasn't pitch black out with stars everywhere, it was like a really really dark blue...almost like the beginning of a sunrise...i guess the moon was that bright...strange...

$ally

One Too Many
Yesterday I watched the sun rise from my office window
while I planned the days agenda.
Last night I watched the eclipse from my car window
while I drove to rehearsal.

missmelly

One of the Regulars
The Pictures I took that came out OK...

eclipse054.jpg

eclipse052.jpg

eclipse049.jpg

My batteries also conked out so I couldn't take a picture of the shadow fully covering the moon. Oh well...:eusa_doh:

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Occluded here in Phoenix area. The moon was a no show!
The worst (and quickest!) thunderstorm we've had all season.
Lot's of thunder and lightning, which for us is equally impressive!
Oh well, next century!

-dixon cannon

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The Mister and I went up to Volunteer Park to see the eclipse. It was clear, and we could see it really well. I turned slightly to the south, and there was Orion! Cool beans!!!!

(Yes, I'm an astronomy geek at heart.)

zaika

One Too Many
on the way home from the vet's, i saw it! it was amazing. too bad i didn't have a chance to sit and watch it.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We had some intermittent haze and clouds to the east, but I strolled out several times and could see it pretty well through the haze. Clear as a bell overhead of course. The comment later running into a neighbor at the market (late night run for milk for both of us) was "Man, that moon's really bright now, isn't it?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97