Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lunch, Anybody?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Two Nathan dogs buck nekkid: plain Janes w/o any condiment or mustard. A bag of chips, Coke Zero.
Eclectic conversation in mixed company but surprisingly focused on Playboy Corp. and playmates.
I contributed my share of dialogue. In my reckless youth in the Army I detailed military bodyguard
duty for a USO troupe that included Penthouse pets and playmates. Tried me Irish charm on one lass
in particular-a playmate-but nothing happened. Another girl took me aside and confided my object
of interest was a "lipstick lesbian." o_O Conversation moved along to Playboy's corporate Chicago ouster
and the political, religious, and temporal whirlpool vortex of that time. Fascinating converse.

Then, of course, I had to return to my desk and a deluge of papers. :eek:

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The lunch of the heroes, canned Herring, nice pun for our German linguists by the way, with whole grain Rye bread...:D

full

Harp

I'll Lock Up
I had tuna with mayo over saltines last nite, looked over the frig and found an Italian saugage sandwich.
Threw in the microwave for a minute or two. Diet Coke, water. And a box of chocolate brownie mini cookies.

...Aquinas supposedly on his death bed passed while discussing preparation of a hering dish.;)

Hercule

Practically Family
Hamburger "hash": A bit of ground beef sautéed in olive oil with a diced onion, a few small colored peppers, a bit of dill pickle, a couple spoonful's of basmati rice, two eggs mixed in and scrambled, a bit of hot sauce and two slices of muenster cheese. Quite a mess, really, but YUMMY!

csmorris

New in Town
Day 8 straight on army exercise as an augmentee.

Mess arrangements all over - army General duty staff making eggs, etc. for breakfast, CATERED meals at supper, but lunch, every day, is:

View attachment 349301
I do not miss the CF 'Box Lunch' butter sandwiches. I remember a lunch of egg salad sandwiches, with milk for a drink, left road side around 1000 for us to pick up at 1300, +30C summer day. Mmmm Mmmm good.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A nice Köfte (from the charcoal grill) plate with rice and salad, rather strong and sweet black tea for dessert at the friendly Mesopotamian next door.

LostInTyme

A-List Customer
Vija called and asked what could be done with a Boston pork butt. They where having a sale for half price at a local Sam's Club. So we cooked in a slow cooker for 6 hours with some seasonings, pulled it apart and added some barbecue sauce and some Nanci's hot mustard and then indulged income great pulled pork sandwiches with some home made coleslaw. Yum yum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy