Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVC 1930s Half Belt in blue leather

willyto

One Too Many
I just found this on Ebay: LVC 1930s Half Belt Blue leather

It seems to be made in some kind of blue leather shade. I suppose Aero Leather Clothing is the manufacturer. This can give you an idea of how will age the new Blue leather Aero is offering.

9f2PvDz.jpg
CohErzz.jpg

WLTomOV.jpg

QUBO0fT.jpg
ju1467f.jpg

t9UAv2O.jpg
fHiVLrn.jpg

fvcQkGo.jpg
3D3NcEK.jpg

JboEJve.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
@willyto this is actually an old contract Aero made for LVC. It has a blue base with black coating and is goat hide. When it wears you get the blue show through. This isn't the same stuff as the new blue Aero is using. I asked quite some time ago about this hide and they had run a year or two ago and don't expect to get it back in sadly.

I have a thread that outlines my acquisition of one of these jackets, I believe after being passed around a few times its back at Aero on their sales page if you are interested.

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/aero-speedway.74330/

Edward

Bartender
The black coating they used on this was designed to age uber-quick; similar to the 'teacore' hide thst shows accelerated wear that was discussed round here a while back. I'd love this if it wore much more slowly- more like the Horween cxl fqhh.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If I remember rightly, these jackets were among those stolen by Will, so a couple of un-aged ones should turn up in the sale in August.

ProteinNerd

The rayon lining in these jackets was notoriously fragile and most have rips, I'm guessing the big red patch is a fix and the buttons weren't red, again I'm assuming a fix.

The ones from Aero did come pre distressed so the blue was showing through, I did read about a second run made of inferior materials made somewhere else like pakistan or something. From what I heard it didn't use the sae goat and the blue facing effect was fake on that run.

The biggest issue wth them though was the length, they were only approx 22 inches long at the back.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Very interesting, not quite to my tastes however a legitimate piece of history indeed!

The white letters on the sleeve surely were not standard were they?

Cocker

Practically Family
I must say I quite love the look of this jacket, except for the red buttons. Looks like something that's been banged up pretty hard, worn as an utilitarian jacket, not a piece of high end clothing.

Edward

Bartender
The white letters on the sleeve surely were not standard were they?

They were, actually. The jacket replicated a vintage example Levis had found, which was brlieved to have been used on the track by a speedway rider. Presumably he'd painted his initials on the jacket for identifiability. This is why, after the patterns reverted to Aero ownership under the terms of the Levis deal, when Ken reintroduced it in 2012 he dubbed it the Speedway.

The Thunderbird model had even more lettering/design on it. I never understand why LVC does all that stuff to their jackets. The Rough and Ready was the worst.

ProteinNerd

The Thunderbird model had even more lettering/design on it. I never understand why LVC does all that stuff to their jackets. The Rough and Ready was the worst.

The Thunderbird model released by LVC always confused me as well....what the hell were they going for? Then I got Rin Tanakas book. Lo and behold, there it is, the inspiration for the LVC T-Bird replica.

347f78f552858d4419567afd359d91aa.jpg

It's based on an original late 50's Steerhide Buco J-82

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
LVC are weird. Whenever I go into their London shop, there's usually a sale rack hung with stuff that you'd file under 'what were they thinking of?'.

The Thunderbird model released by LVC always confused me as well....what the hell were they going for? Then I got Rin Tanakas book. Lo and behold, there it is, the inspiration for the LVC T-Bird replica.

347f78f552858d4419567afd359d91aa.jpg

It's based on an original late 50's Steerhide Buco J-82

I've always wondered what is that thing on the back supposed to represent. Vulture?

Edward

Bartender
Must be the Thunderbird, given the name...

Yeah, to me there's always seemed something odd about mass-producing individual customisation... Reminds me of those screen-printed "anarchy" t-shirts you can buy in capitalist Camden Market...

willyto

One Too Many
Finding one unique jacket like that is cool but when you make a large number of them it loses the charm that it could have. That's why I don't like the WW2 painted A2 jackets replicas either. A patch here and there or the decal sure but replicating a very unique painting that was probably worn by a single soldier makes no sense to me.

Blackadder

I must say I quite love the look of this jacket, except for the red buttons. Looks like something that's been banged up pretty hard, worn as an utilitarian jacket, not a piece of high end clothing.
There are 2 versions of this jacket men and ladies. The ladies version has the red button and KF painted on the cuff.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari