Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Anthony. Glad to hear about your upcoming hat. Man I love the dark moss color! It has become my go to hat. I have seen the Gannon beaver hats replace the Akubra CD as my go to all weather and wearing hats. The are very durable and offer the luxury of great fit and finish.

I bet having a thinner dark moss will be a BOMB.

A 4th - you rock! What inspiration are you acting on Anthony?

Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Anthony. Glad to hear about your upcoming hat. Man I love the dark moss color! It has become my go to hat. I have seen the Gannon beaver hats replace the Akubra CD as my go to all weather and wearing hats. The are very durable and offer the luxury of great fit and finish.

I bet having a thinner dark moss will be a BOMB.

A 4th - you rock! What inspiration are you acting on Anthony?

Eric -

for the fourth I'm thinking silver mist with a burgundy mid ribbon

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I received an email from Michael today that he has finally been able to obtain the blue felt for my hat. It should be started next week. A little delayed, but I'm sure worth the wait!

Ah so you are who it is for :)

Michael mentioned to me that he has been searching your blue felt and finally found it

You are going to love your hat .... always great luxurious yet rugged felt that always fits great

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I received an email from Michael today that he has finally been able to obtain the blue felt for my hat. It should be started next week. A little delayed, but I'm sure worth the wait!

Blue mist - wow! The felt is terribly versatile. What features will you incorporate in the new hat?

for the fourth I'm thinking silver mist with a burgundy mid ribbon

Sweet. A burgundy ribbon - I like the vision I see in my mind. Bigger ribbon?

I have stepped back in line also. I have been torn between getting an everyday hat or a "downtown hat." Later this coming summer I will visit South America and had been considering a felt traveling hat. Or perhaps a hat for travels to Europe this coming Fall. I am not certain infrequent travel is a good ideas to base a hat on. Additionally, I have been considering inspiration from a pic from a 40's magazine ad featuring a Stetson Avenue or a pic of a silver belly everyday hat taken at a ranchers auction in the 20's. Considering....

Eric -

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Sweet. A burgundy ribbon - I like the vision I see in my mind. Bigger ribbon?

I have stepped back in line also. I have been torn between getting an everyday hat or a "downtown hat." I have been considering inspiration from a pic from a 40's magazine ad featuring a Stetson Avenue or a pic of a silver belly everyday hat taken at a ranchers auction in the 20's. Considering....

Eric -

I'm thinking mid ribbon ... more like the Playboy / Cross Country type ribbon

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
so while I am waiting on my third Gannon ... which is a clone of Erics dark moss "wanderer" ... I decided to inquire about my fourth and just plant a seed.

while scrolling through some pictures I found this Borsalino that I believe belongs to Alan and it hit me that I want a Gannon clone of it ... so naturally I contacted Michael ... and here we go again

... I thought I would tell this thread for absolutely no apparent reason at all ... so there

as if I don't have enough brown hats ... but to me that's like having enough chocolate cake ... or enough beer

Borsalino_2.jpg

Borsalino_3.jpg

Borsalino_4.jpg

so while I am waiting on my third Gannon ... which is a clone of Erics dark moss "wanderer" ... I decided to inquire about my fourth and just plant a seed.

while scrolling through some pictures I found this Borsalino that I believe belongs to Alan and it hit me that I want a Gannon clone of it ... so naturally I contacted Michael ... and here we go again

... I thought I would tell this thread for absolutely no apparent reason at all ... so there
]

You need help, obviously. We'll be sending a car around soon.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

as if I don't have enough brown hats ... but to me that's like having enough chocolate cake ... or enough beer

Borsalino_2.jpg

Borsalino_3.jpg

Borsalino_4.jpg
Really like.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Borsalino_2.jpg

Borsalino_3.jpg

Borsalino_4.jpg
Anthony that's going to look great. If Michael can get that felt to behave like that he will be the master.

My goodness that's the perfect hat.

then tobacco it is ... I'm sure I will have to settle for Winchesters dark brown ... which is beautiful

while I have you on the line ... what does the brim measure ?

when I stumbled across these pics my heart skipped

Actually, the color is Monlov. Good luck with that!

Be sure to specify that nice two tone thin ribbon. It's one of my favorite features of this hat. I posted some photos for you in the Borsalino Brotherhood. The brim width is 2 3/4, less a smidge.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Anthony that's going to look great. If Michael can get that felt to behave like that he will be the master.

My goodness that's the perfect hat.

I know we will not be able to duplicate the felt ... and I have doubts about the two tone ribbon as well

but if we can get the dimensions , the brim flange, bow, and close to the color with the felt as thin as he can pounce it I think I will be more than satisfied

I am naturally a delusional person ... but not delusional enough to think we can duplicate a Borsalino :)

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know we will not be able to duplicate the felt ... and I have doubts about the two tone ribbon as well

but if we can get the dimensions , the brim flange, bow, and close to the color with the felt as thin as he can pounce it I think I will be more than satisfied

I am naturally a delusional person ... but not delusional enough to think we can duplicate a Borsalino :)
Regardless it'll be sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL