M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Discussion in 'Hats' started by moontheloon, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Scuttle

Scuttle One of the Regulars

How wonderful! Your hat looks terrific on you.

I love my granite Gannon as well-- it's a great color.

I receive more compliments on my two Gannon hats than 'most all the others, combined.

Congratulations. :)

~ S.

Tukwila, Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  2. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Thanks Scuttle, it does look good and it already feels like I've been wearing it for years.

Tukwila, Zombie_61 and deadlyhandsome like this.
  3. Air Wing Marine

Air Wing Marine One of the Regulars

Great looking hat

4. deadlyhandsome

deadlyhandsome I'll Lock Up

Does anyone know how long Michael’s hats are taking these days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TunedVWGti likes this.
  5. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

I ordered mine on Oct 29 and received it on Dec 10.

Tukwila and deadlyhandsome like this.
  6. deadlyhandsome

Has anyone seen a “rust” colored Gannon or any other rust hat? It’s only available in rabbit, but I’m curious if it’s close to the old version of black cherry.

7. ChicagoWayVito

ChicagoWayVito A-List Customer

It appear to be more brown and red. There do not seem to be an purple hues in it that would resemble old black cherry. From this thread you can see a couple of pictures provided by @RJR https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/winchester-hat-bodys-in-rust-color.87360/

deadlyhandsome likes this.
  8. deadlyhandsome

Ah, I’ve seen that hat of @RJR’s. If that is the color than it is too brown for what I’m after. I really want the old black cherry and barring that an oxblood. Now I’m going to have to go go in a completely different direction. Thank you.

9. belfastboy

belfastboy Call Me a Cab

I have a Winchester Rust. No it is nothing like the black cherry. It is a true mid brown toned colour. I like it a lot and would buy one in beaver if it were available.

10. belfastboy

belfastboy Call Me a Cab

11. deadlyhandsome

Yeah, that’s why I’m having to go in a different direction. I knew Art didn’t have anymore Oxbloods and all of the old black cherry is long gone. I have a new black cherry, but I really want one of the old felts and I was hoping rust would be close. Oh well; I committed to Gannon so now I have to decide on colors...wish he had dove.

Tukwila and Rmccamey like this.
  12. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Throwing some love to this thread today on 2019 National Hat Day. Wearing a Gannon hat this afternoon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy National Hat Day. Best, Eric -

13. Short Balding Guy

Posting up more love for the Gannon hats this snowy February.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best to all, Eric -

14. Scooterz

Scooterz A-List Customer

Thinking of ordering a new hat maybe something grey. I am trying figure out how steel vs charcoal felts match up. Which one is darker? Some pictures of steel look light and some a little dark. Also I think the navy felts look pretty good. Granite looks like a great shade, but I am probably leaning towards something that looks grey all the time though. Probably put a thin ribbon or playboy width ribbon of some sort on it. Anyone got photos of charcoal and steel together or in different lights? I don't see very many pics of charcoal hats it does not seem to be ordered as much.

15. Short Balding Guy

Scooterz; See the below pic.

[​IMG]

A charcoal beaver is top of pic and far right. Steel is just left of the charcoal on the far right of the pic. Granite is top left fedora. I know that Jack had posted up a labeled pic on this thread. You will have to scroll thru the posts to locate.

I have come to really enjoy the charcoal. It is dark gray. For chores or field adventures the hat shows no wear, marks and is dependable, IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As to ribbons you can see from the above pics that I prefer mid ribbons. To my eye they bridge the city/country hat looks. I can wear the hat in my backyard and then head downtown for the evening in ths same hat. I do have a charcoal with a more standard ribbon and a charcoal with a frayed ribbon treatment.

I hope this helps your new order with Michael. I am anxious to see more new Gannon creations on this thread.

Best, Eric -

16. belfastboy

belfastboy Call Me a Cab

To help confuse the issue let me say that I am a big fan of the Steel. I have two from different hatters. One calls it Blue Steel and the other just Steel. It is a grey felt but to my eye there is a strong blue undertone that gives it a richness.

17. IMG_6760.JPG

18. Rmccamey

Rmccamey One Too Many

Granite is right in the middle gray...but it looks darker inside and in low light. I have a slate ribbon. These pics seem to have a bit of blue cast in them but not in real life.

Steel's i have seen have a definite blue cast and with a blue-ish ribbon it can really run to the blue side. Charcoal's I have seen by other makers seems to be a darker color without being black.

I, too, look forward to seeing more on this thread and hope you will one day soon be able to say;

GOODGODIGOTAGREATGANNON!

New4.jpg New7.jpg New9.jpg

19. Air Wing Marine

Air Wing Marine One of the Regulars

I am happy with my Gannon Granite felt with 19 ligne charcoal ribbon. The quality is first rate, but I prefer NW Hats. Attached is pic of the Gannon granite Gannon.jpg

bowlerman, Tukwila, Scooterz and 6 others like this.
  20. ofcoursemyhorse

ofcoursemyhorse Practically Family