Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
2 projects in the works with Michael.

Congrats! When it is appropriate do reveal the details. I am curious as to what hats will be added to your prodigious hat rack.

BTW: Gannon (bone beaver felt) got the call earlier today.
i-6TFzgX6-M.jpg

Eric -

Dark moss and blue smoke.... when I can get to the post office.

I wear my Gannon natural a lot. It's definitely a top favorite at Casa de Tuk.

View attachment 225274

Haha! I’m sending one of my VS blue smoke hat bodies to Michael too! I’m thinking of a thin ribbon OR clone with as much brim as he can squeeze out of the body. What direction are you planning on going?

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Hey...take it offline guys, you are making ths rest of us really jealous :) and being sheltered at home, very desperate!!!

Haha! I’m sending one of my VS blue smoke hat bodies to Michael too! I’m thinking of a thin ribbon OR clone with as much brim as he can squeeze out of the body. What direction are you planning on going?

Curious as to specifics. What color are you going with?
The colour has and is my stumbling block with both a Gannon and in my hunt for a Fepsa. I have no problem sticking with my style, 6" open, 2 5/8" brim or maybe an 'Arizona' type but I have all the Winchester colours they offer that I am interested in. I keep hoping for a new colour release. The only one is perhaps the Willow but I am wary of not really having anything to wear it with. I was going to go with Navy as Michael has some soft handed navy beaver in stock but then I made a dark blue in the hat class. The only other is a beaver rust but I am not sure Michael offers that in beaver...just bunny. I need check on that.

The colour has and is my stumbling block with both a Gannon and in my hunt for a Fepsa. I have no problem sticking with my style, 6" open, 2 5/8" brim or maybe an 'Arizona' type but I have all the Winchester colours they offer that I am interested in. I keep hoping for a new colour release. The only one is perhaps the Willow but I am wary of not really having anything to wear it with. I was going to go with Navy as Michael has some soft handed navy beaver in stock but then I made a dark blue in the hat class. The only other is a beaver rust but I am not sure Michael offers that in beaver...just bunny. I need check on that.

I hear you. I have a willow hat, and while I think the hat is beautiful, I don’t wear it much and don’t really have anything that pairs well with it. Navy is nice. I’d like to find an old dye black cherry, but not much chance of that. I have two blue smoke felts and Michael will get one and I think Rick will get the other once he’s more caught up. That will give me three blue smoke hats, but they will be substantially different in style.

I hear you. I have a willow hat, and while I think the hat is beautiful, I don’t wear it much and don’t really have anything that pairs well with it. Navy is nice. I’d like to find an old dye black cherry, but not much chance of that. I have two blue smoke felts and Michael will get one and I think Rick will get the other once he’s more caught up. That will give me three blue smoke hats, but they will be substantially different in style.
Yes, I have a blue smoke felt from Art. I left it at my motor home parked in Washington state. So it is going to be a while before I can access them. I may end up sending one to Michael to work on. It is a great colour.

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A mid ribbon OR clone with 2-3/4" brim and as much crown height as he can squeeze out of the body!

rharlow

New in Town
Hi all, I'd be grateful for color advice for a commission from Gannon. I'd like a hat that will compliment my tweed-heavy fall and spring suits and jackets. My tweeds tend toward the brown and green spectrum, as one would imagine, and I wear other odd jackets in similar colors, with a covert coat or beige rain coat and a range of brown, or occasionally burgundy, shoes. I don't wear so much in the black/gray/blue spectrums. A hat newby here, I'd been mostly wearing flat caps until I picked up my first fedora a couple months ago, a dark brown, short-brimmed beaver from Henri-Henri in Montreal.

So, I'm looking for a lighter color to alternate with my dark brown, but one that will compliment my tweedy wardrobe. I like what I've seen in sahara with antique copper--lighter than I'd been considering, but it might be quite fetching. I've also been considering camel or whiskey. The Gannon whiskeys I've seen on this thread seem to very, some are more dark brown, while others evoke subtle greenish tones (the latter might be nice for tweed suits, which tend toward the green). I'd be grateful for any expert advice you might have (take it easy on the noob, this my first post!). Many thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112