Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
a Gannon color palette

Screen-Shot-2021-01-28-at-10-34-53-AM.png

That is a classy line-up sir. The felt just makes me want to pop them to open and crease them. Thanks for sharing.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I received my reply from Michael. I’m in his system for my custom. It will be a couple of months of waiting, but I’m sure it will be well worth it in the end. Steven

Steve I have not been dissapointed with either the wait times (in comparison of other hat artisans) or with the results. Cheers for the wait for a NHD (New Hat Day).

Here is a pic of a Gannon I wore this morning on the way to an essential errand (grocery store).

B3447CFD-34FE-4CCB-9514-80D58581BB99-M.jpg

DSC05606-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Steve I have not been dissapointed with either the wait times (in comparison of other hat artisans) or with the results. Cheers for the wait for a NHD (New Hat Day).

Here is a pic of a Gannon I wore this morning on the way to an essential errand (grocery store).

B3447CFD-34FE-4CCB-9514-80D58581BB99-M.jpg

DSC05606-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Thanks Eric, I am sure the wait time will pass quickly. I eagerly await NHD :). Again, the photos of your Gannon are outstanding. The colors of the liner and sweatband really work well together.

Steven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Eric, I am sure the wait time will pass quickly. I eagerly await NHD :). Again, the photos of your Gannon are outstanding. The colors of the liner and sweatband really work well together.Steven

Steven; Michael has a lot of options. Example: Here is a very cool green sweat.

i-FrSXtvc-M.jpg

A natural sweatband.

i-pFnTQs3-M.jpg

Interesting to see what folks choose.

Cheers, Eric -

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My next 220g western nutria begins:

View attachment 309556
Which color is that, Brent?

I was looking at the Sage nutria. Is it as washed out as the webpage makes it look? The moss is too bright of a green for my taste. I may just go with the Winchester dark moss in western weight. It's proving to be near impossible to get a large dress weight in dark moss from Winchester.

Which color is that, Brent?

I was looking at the Sage nutria. Is it as washed out as the webpage makes it look? The moss is too bright of a green for my taste. I may just go with the Winchester dark moss in western weight. It's proving to be near impossible to get a large dress weight in dark moss from Winchester.

That is their sage color, Doug. Michael called it gray in his emails to me so that’s how he sees it. It sure doesn’t look like a “sage” color to me, but it’s nice all the same. It’s also firmer than the natural so I’m expecting it to be more like most modern western hats rather than the softer and more moldable felt on my natural.

Scooterz

Practically Family
That is their sage color, Doug. Michael called it gray in his emails to me so that’s how he sees it. It sure doesn’t look like a “sage” color to me, but it’s nice all the same. It’s also firmer than the natural so I’m expecting it to be more like most modern western hats rather than the softer and more moldable felt on my natural.
I have seen sage plants in the wild that look kind of a dusky gray, at least in the fall or winter.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Looks like I’ll be a member of the club very soon. I got a couple pics a little while ago and it will be in the mail soon. View attachment 310445 View attachment 310446

NHD (New Hat Day) is coming shortly - congrats! A fine blue with dusty rose trimmings is what my computer screen shows. The band and interior is cool. Excellent fedora. If that hat does not catch attention nothing will. Congrats again sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner