Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I second what others say about sample swatches . Pictures often look lighter , or different than when you see your Hat or swatch samples when it comes . It's Okay , I was just trying to be helpful . Look back , there is a picture posted of some of the colors of swatches , but they still are different to a degree .

I posted the question before reading the whole thread, must be the anticipation. Thing is I still have plenty of time to decide, style is easy color on the other hand is difficult because they all look different depending on the photo.

845bea6e7981100c06df153478c0a15a.jpg

That's probably your best Gannon to date, IMHO. Nice one, man. Wear it often, and in good health!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
new Gannon family photo

Anthony the family picture is fun. The felts - Granite , Whisky , Dark Brown , Dark Moss and Pecan look good together. They look darn sharp indeed.

As I see them I am reflecting how much enjoyment Michael Gannon has been able to have with the small Fedora Lounge community. Each of my Gannon hats have been improving on the original in many ways. A subtle characteristic, but important to hat fans is the work put into the felt. Each successive felt has been better. My most recent hat, charcoal Fray, has a terrific even feel. The feel thru the entire brim, crown and the part where the brim gets near the crown has no sudden unevenness, uniform visual appearance and touch. All felt is not the same. Felt matters! All Gannon hat owners can relate their observations and I suspect most will share the improvement story.

Can you imagine what Gannon hats will look in another year? Gosh, Anthony will have to build another drum practice studio to hold the boxes and hats! ;)

How about the other Gannon hat families? If you have time, how about group shots? Later this week I will work up a family shot.

Thanks for sharing Fedora Lounge's own Roger Taylor, Keith Moon, Ian Paice or John Densmore - Anthony!

Eric -

Last edited:

jackm

One of the Regulars
I second what others say about sample swatches . Pictures often look lighter , or different than when you see your Hat or swatch samples when it comes . It's Okay , I was just trying to be helpful . Look back , there is a picture posted of some of the colors of swatches , but they still are different to a degree .
Agreed all help and suggestions are welcome.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The SAHARA is Blocked ! Going Tres Hombres (6" Crown , 3" Brim curled) La Grange , again , and TAR , unsure about the color (Neutral is the way I'm thinking) and to trim or not to trim . But Brim wave worries me going raw .

I keep saying I'm going for a Charcoal , and I like Dark Brown , Dark Moss . LOVE my Natural ! Might get another Natural with a TAR , its more me . The WAR look great on the WAR guys though , and those that are versatile . I just asked Michael to see what Ribbon colors he would recommend , and get his opinion .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou