Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M.C. Gannon Hat Company

I third the motion. Since I got into the custom hat market with three Gannons and one Gus Miller, I find these are my go-to hats. They're the ones hanging in the dining room on the hat tree and I always feel good grabbing one. Perfect fit, great look, the kind of hat I really like, and tough as nails. I have felt lately I'm not giving my vintages enough head time and have resolved to get back to them, but those Gannons (and the Miller) keep calling my name. If I absolutely had to, which thank the hat gods I don't, I could live with my Gannons and the Miller.

But I still want another one.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Michael just finished my Steel Grey with Steel Blue 2" ribbon....

Judge by yourself...

81b6e5b8943c619a1c4930d08a57db1e.jpg
ac4bf6bebacbb544a9142761b8ceb960.jpg
c3a9881a47a3692593c5cc14b6c82da5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Fantastic, fabuloso! I absolutely love it! What are the specs on this one, Rodolfo?

Again, what an incredibly beautiful hat!

Hey Gannon folks, how are your hats? Just reflecting this afternoon on the gorgeous Gannon's that sit on my "hat rack." What a luxury to be able to choose between hats that are have the exact characteristics I would select in a hat. My grandfather thru his life had at most 2 fedoras. He wore them literally to death and then would pick up a new hat.

Not a new hat, but enjoying my reflections on "hat luxury" this afternoon.

i-PghCBRK-M.jpg

Thanks again Michael for having me as a continuing client.

Eric -
This midnight blue color seems to be very rich and touchable. A superb Gannon!

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Hey Gannon folks, how are your hats? Just reflecting this afternoon on the gorgeous Gannon's that sit on my "hat rack." What a luxury to be able to choose between hats that are have the exact characteristics I would select in a hat. My grandfather thru his life had at most 2 fedoras. He wore them literally to death and then would pick up a new hat.

Not a new hat, but enjoying my reflections on "hat luxury" this afternoon.

i-PghCBRK-M.jpg

Thanks again Michael for having me as a continuing client.

Eric -
+1 [emoji106] [emoji122]

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic, fabuloso! I absolutely love it! What are the specs on this one, Rodolfo?

Again, what an incredibly beautiful hat!

Hey Doug

Just the "Rodolfo" with a 1/3 " shorter crown, diamond crease, Steel Grey felt with 2" Steel Blue ribbon and 5/8's Steel Blue ribbon binding... And the 2 tone bow with steel grey matching ribbon.

Its already in El Paso, may get shipped Friday !!! Cant wait to get it

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Got to be one of the sharpest brown hats I've ever seen -- a distinct hint of red in it.

For those of you who have purchased custom hats from other makers, how do they stack up against Mr. Gannon's work?
I own ... and have owned customs from many hatters and I can honestly say that none are better than Gannon's work .... I have one or two that may be as good .... maybe ... but none are better ... pure honesty right here

Now I have a Black Sheep on order.... if any hat is the exception to that opinion it may be Bobs work... I'll know in about 8 months

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
This will be number 3 for me from Mr. Gannon. Fantastic hats. I spoke with Michael about getting the thinnest most pliable felt for the "finger dents." I think he achieved it! I'll let you know all about it when I receive it.
What color brown is that called? It's beautiful!

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars
What color brown is that called? It's beautiful!
That's the dark brown in beaver. The ribbon and binding is chocolate which has a red tint. My assumption is the ruddy hue of the binding treatment accentuates those red fibers in the brown felt. Once I've received it I'll give all the details and pics!

All things serve the Beam.

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars
I love this hat! I'm sorry I haven't been able to post sooner. Crazy week. So the dark brown beaver with chocolate ribbon and binding is incredible. Brim is 2 1/2" crown is 5 7/8". The felt was pounced perfectly and is the most pliable and easily shaped I've ever handled. It won't distort in a strong wind but I was able to shape it into many different creases without steam or water. The fit is perfect and I've gotten many compliments in the couple of days I've worn it. More pics this afternoon. Mr Gannon has done some really fabulous work.

Gabe Long

One of the Regulars
082db992847669d884a353c306945c4f.jpg
4eb35967736af7171d32dd73766af45e.jpg
af5db98dfccd806a7ba6b014f50efc3a.jpg
17f64bd8e3f41959676fbdc8d35e3317.jpg
36380fe06196d0e4a2872fb3754b85e8.jpg

The noggin shot is closest to the color in normal lighting. I ate up a lot of the crown with the crease, but that deep diamond was done without steam or water! I may put a little steam on it to deepen the front dents. This beauty has a great hand and take as crisp or as messy a crease as you'd like. In love.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch