Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Mad Men" on AMC (US) - (Spoilers Within)

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Miss Crisplock said:
I saw Don looking at Megan in the last scene, and when the music started to play thought "Oh no, he's going to ask Megan to go to Shea Stadium instead of Sally".

THAT would send her far around the bend. How could he be forgiven if he does? :eek:

Hey, I'm having a hard time forgiving him for not taking ME to Shea Stadium! :p

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I saw him looking at Megan, and I'm not sure what I saw on Don's face. There was a surprise I think, and a sort of desperation, I think he was thinking about running right then, and taking her or someone else with him.

And man Lane's Father? how brutal, but I love that actor, his voice is so menacing.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr Vim said:
I saw him looking at Megan, and I'm not sure what I saw on Don's face. There was a surprise I think, and a sort of desperation, I think he was thinking about running right then, and taking her or someone else with him.

And man Lane's Father? how brutal, but I love that actor, his voice is so menacing.
That final scene is an example of why I love this show so much.

swinggal

One Too Many
And now they have lost Lucky Strike mayeb Sal can come back to work for them. I really liked his character. I miss the dynamic of Sal, Kevin, Harry and Paul. Omg!!! I hadn't even realised...Paul Kinsey is missing this season! That bunch together always worked and it made them foscus on the office time more I think. What happened to Paul!!

Anthony K

Familiar Face
AmateisGal said:
Here's a question: did Joan go through with the abortion? Given her longing for a child and the possibility that her husband might not return from Vietnam, maybe she DID keep it...

I don't think Joan had the abortion.

When Don looked at Megan at the end, I said to myself, "oh, no, here we go again." I think it was showing that with the scene prior, he was with Faye, whom he could probably see himself settling down with but at the same time, he's the same old Don Draper, with the wandering eye.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Young fogey said:
Lane should have rushed him, decked him and whaled the son of a b*tch with his own stick.
Ahh, patricide....why not....it's a drama after all....:p

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
After thinking about Lane...

Perhaps the way Lane should deal with this is to be calculating and cool as the English are famous for. The father has committed a crime in the United States: assault and battery. Call the cops. A conviction means he should never be allowed in the country again. Lane would never see him again.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
When someone has his clock cleaned and doesn't fight back, it's usually because he knows it won't be worth the consequences.

Remember, dear pappa knows he's 2-timing his wife. With a Black woman. In the mid 60s. He could probably ruin him with just that - and he took care that there were no witnesses to the beatdown. Careful abusers (they do exist) usually take that precaution.

In more pleasant vein, does anyone else think Peggy is a whole lot more attractive and appealing lately?

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
Good point and I agree about Peggy

Fletch said:
When someone has his clock cleaned and doesn't fight back, it's usually because he knows it won't be worth the consequences.

Remember, dear papPA knows he's 2-timing his wife. With a Black woman. In the mid 60s. He could probably ruin him with just that - and he took care that there were no witnesses to the beatdown. Careful abusers (they do exist) usually take that precaution.

In more pleasant vein, does anyone else think Peggy is a whole lot more attractive and appealing lately?

Good point. Only the super-rich could literally pay the cost of divorce then; it's why Sterling sold his company to the Brits. Add to that the stigma back then of interracial romance.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about Peggy although Joan is still the beauty queen and Betty a perfect soap character (IMO January Jones is prettier than Grace Kelly!), an alluring woman you don't like.

I think Faye and the actress who plays her are very lovely. Hope Don stays with her and treats her well.

Good one, DetroitFalcons.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Last night's episode wasn't as good as the others this season, and I must admit, I wasn't happy to see Don with Megan (I kept thinking, "Cad!" over and over again) even though she is the one that initiated it.

I like Abe and Peggy together; I still don't like Don and Faye together.

And I still think Joan kept the baby...

Young fogey

One of the Regulars
Then again

When Pete tried to ruin Don, Bertram Cooper said 'So what?'

The b*stard would try to ruin Lane but Lane would still have a job; the other partners and SCDP's clients don't care what the b*stard thinks. Lane wouldn't be living upper-class any more or least for a long time but he - and his new woman? - could follow the American dream. Maybe he and Don can be flatmates for a while.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

1. Pete's a Creep (not only rhymes, but is absolutely true!). He'd sell his mother for another company on the books! the TOAD. Truth is, he lacks any real charisma, leadership skills or manliness. Wouldn't be surprised if he's doing a line with Sal in the Cobacabana (the guy).

2. Lane's relationship with his father is abusive (like a man who beats his wife - it's 'that' disgusting, no-one talks about it outside of the home. There are never witnesses to it). But it is so typical of the British Public School set-up. You take your hiding, and then get on with it, keeping a stiff upper lip! "I know!!" Lane Jnr did know how to press the wrong buttons too gents! [huh] Frollicking with his g/f in the PlayBoy Club. Then canoodling with her in front of his day in the house. But NO, he didn't 'deserve' the beating he took, not nice at all.
But, it does 'add' a definite 'edge' to the show. I mean...'who' was ever expecting THAT to happen?!

3. Don...ahhhhh, DON. I weep for Don, as Camelot for him is crumbling.

4. His young daughter...I weep even more for her. As she will become so dysfunctional and disenfranchised as a teenager in the late 60's where her family and the love it offers her will be a hippy commune and she'll totally embrace a culture of random sexual partners and drugs.

5. That is why WE at TFL must rebuild CAMELOT AGAIN, brick by brick and fedora by fedora..!! ;)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
AmateisGal said:
Last night's episode wasn't as good as the others this season, and I must admit, I wasn't happy to see Don with Megan (I kept thinking, "Cad!" over and over again) even though she is the one that initiated it.

I like Abe and Peggy together; I still don't like Don and Faye together.

And I still think Joan kept the baby...

I agree: I didn't like Don & Megan's couch hook-up, I don't like Don and Faye, and I think Joan is still pregnant.

I feel very badly for Roger, because I think he's realizing that things are crumbling around him and he isn't where he wants to be. I do think he may truly love Joan, and I stand by my statement that they just belong together, even though I know a wedding will never happen.

The entire time they were all throwing a fit about Glo-Coat and Lucky Strike, I kept waiting on someone to bring up North American Aviation, just to see what poor Pete's reaction would be. I actually don't hate Pete. I think he gets himself stuck in a lot of bad situations between things like the NAA situation with Don, and Trudy's father (who frankly comes off as a jerk).

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Forgot to add - the scene with Roger leaving Joan's apartment after she blew him off - pulling his hat down over his eyes and turning to say goodbye to her... oh, I swoon!

Don is a very handsome man, but there's just something about Roger. I have a crush. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner