Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mamma mia

pplepic

Familiar Face
I may be poor, but I think I have good taste. In the movie Mamma Mia, I think the hat worn by Pierce Brosnan is a beautiful rollup Panama. It's darker than I've seen, but still...Anybody know?

Viper Man

Banned
lol

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off like a jerk. I think Meryl Streep is by far the finest actress of our generation but ABBA is the absolute epitome of horrible music.

pplepic

Familiar Face
I'v been looking on the Internet and the closest thing I've seen is The Safari Edition by Brent Black starting at $500. Maybe that's the one.

Goose.

Practically Family
pplepic said:
Old married guys watch what their wives watch, or else...
I disagree. It's a man's world...they're just in it.
Put on some pants. Either admit you liked the flick or you didn't.

As for me, it was barely "ok".

Regarding the lid, it is close to the BBB. But not a Monetcristi. Nor is Brent's as stated himself; http://brentblack.com/pages/safari_edition_hats.html

But, a nice hat, nonetheless.

Don't bug me for awhile, "Thelma and Louise" is coming on now...

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goose. said:

As for me, it was barely "ok".

Regarding the lid, it is close to the BBB. But not a Monetcristi. Nor is Brent's as stated himself; http://brentblack.com/pages/safari_edition_hats.html

But, a nice hat, nonetheless.

I saw it in the theater in Boston.... i thought it was ok...who was ABBA anyway. For that matter who is Meryl Streep...........I know Brosnon was the first to play Bond.....
confused.gif

High Pockets

Practically Family
I think Meryl Streep is by far the finest actress of our generation

With all due respect sir; thank goodness I'm not of your generation........yeeee gads.

Goose, I admire ya buddy but I have to admit: I watch movies with my wife that I would never watch at the fire-station....and I have watched many movies at the fire station that I would not watch with my wife, and in both instances out of respect for her.

On one hand there are a few chick-flicks that I really enjoy,.....however; many that I distain,...and Ms Streep is in absolutely none of the first and several of the latter.

Oh yeah,......the topic.......I think we have a copy of Mamma Mia,....I'll have to check out the hat. :)

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
High Pockets said:

With all due respect sir; thank goodness I'm not of your generation........yeeee gads.

Oh gee I didn't think this would be a reason to decry my generation. You didn't have to be like that.:(

Viper Man

Banned
High Pockets said:

I am thinking of Streep in dramatic roles not "chick flicks".
I was born in 1972 and I am having a hard time thinking of an american actress in my lifetime that has portrayed more depth and versatility than her in that regard.

What would be your choice, old timer?

Goose. said:
I stand with what my Eagle Brother says. I watch some flicks because of the fringe benefits I incur. There is a word for that but it escapes me.... :eek: :D

High Pockets

Practically Family
What would be your choice, old timer?

Recently,....probably Jodie Foster.

Going back several decades; Betty Davis added more to any character than anyone I can think of.

pplepic

Familiar Face
The fringed benefit that escapes you is the three dots you finished with. If you watch the movie, they explain what ... means.

I like musicas all right. When I'm with my wife, as mentioned, I watch what she wants to watch out of respect. In exchange, she watches a lot of stuff I watch. I love Woody Allen films and she hates them. It can be a tough life.

OddSteve

Familiar Face
pplepic said:
I love Woody Allen films and she hates them. It can be a tough life.

I know exactly what you man! In fact, I never knew a girl who liked Woody Allen films. If someday I find one who loves "Manhattan" like I do, I'll marry her at once :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters