Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marlene Dietrich exhibition

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I just saw the small Marlene Dietrich collection at the Deutsche Kinemathek - Museum for Film and TV in Berlin and thought some of you would be interested in seeing a few photos from it! There were many personal items, private letters, photos and several film costumes! I (obviously) particularly liked the beauty box (notice the lamp, how neat!).

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Ooh, those pictures are wonderful! I just wish I could see those costumes in person! I can't get over those shoes with the bells. So cute!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
HadleyH said:
Is that Gary Cooper with Marlene? ... they seem so relaxed!

That's my fav pic of the lot!:D ;)

Yup, that was my favorite photo in the exhibition too, they look so COOL! ;) I want to be them when I grow up. lol And yeah, it's John Wayne.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Yes, you are right!

For a second or two, i thought i saw a vague resemblance with Cooper.... but that with Marlene is John Wayne indeed!

Thank you Laura and Carlisle Blues! :)

Gary Cooper
Annex_-_Cooper_Gary_Winning_of_Barb.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I saw the exhibition when I was last in Berlin, back in 2002 (I heard the museum has since moved from Potdamer Platz to new premises?). I was especially impressed by the all-white white tie outfit (damn, but she had a tiny waist!), and the canary-yellow feathered outfit - what a stunning colour! Surprised they let you take photos - they were very clear with me that it was a nono. Policy change, maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats