Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marlowe nominated for "Chap of the Year"

Edward

Bartender
Thank-you, folks. My early lead in this round has been rapidly swallowed by Mr Dauny - a fine opponent, it has to be said. Alas, much to my dismay (and being a fine gentleman, no doubt his too) a lo of this seems, gonig by the comments below, to be off the back of a risible strak of xenophobia, but hey ho.

Vote your way Edward, even though you're one of those funny chaps with a scunner towards short trousers ;)

All the best and hope you win the title and the suit. Who is the tailor by the way, have they splashed out on Savile Row for the winner?

Cad and the Dandy:

http://www.cadandthedandy.co.uk/

Saville Row, The City and Canary Wharf.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thank-you, folks. My early lead in this round has been rapidly swallowed by Mr Dauny - a fine opponent, it has to be said. Alas, much to my dismay (and being a fine gentleman, no doubt his too) a lo of this seems, gonig by the comments below, to be off the back of a risible strak of xenophobia, but hey ho.

Perhaps it's payback for what Ireland did to England in the rugby recently!

Joking aside though it's a shame that such rubbish has to come into play in such things. Sounds as if there's some serious small-mindedness at play to lose votes for being Irish.

Edward

Bartender
Joking aside though it's a shame that such rubbish has to come into play in such things. Sounds as if there's some serious small-mindedness at play to lose votes for being Irish.

Ah, I'm sure there's no real malice in it; there's just a faction in Chap circles that seems to think being a chap is about celebrating a rather, shall we say, Daily Mail concept of Englishness. Such people are typically to be seen wearing stick-on moustaches at events. ;)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ah, I'm sure there's no real malice in it; there's just a faction in Chap circles that seems to think being a chap is about celebrating a rather, shall we say, Daily Mail concept of Englishness. Such people are typically to be seen wearing stick-on moustaches at events. ;)

Ah, the old "jolly hockey sticks" brigade eh ;)

Well, whatever the outcome you've done well Edward. I've obviously never met you but all the photos you have posted show that you have a keen feel for the golden age of sartorial elegance (your distaste for short trousers aside :D ) and you have a genuine passion for it. You're always one of the sharpish gents dressed here and you seen to be a true gentleman.

Well if you get pipped at the post you can always take up fencing, hunting or buy a Jag which apparently improves chances lol

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
The Chap Magazine takes itself with a grain of salt (Thank God)!!! we all have cell phones, we have puters, nice teeth, and so on, and so on, and destined to live past 50, Marlowe is very chap

http://www.thechap.net/

5276360210_6941cd30d3_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner