Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marylin and Ferragamo

renaissancemedici

One of the Regulars
This post is long overdue. I can't believe I haven't told you about my visit to the Ferragamo museum, in Florence. It's been several months now, but I am as excited to think about it as I was visiting.

It has many shoes by Salvatore Ferragamo, from every era. It also has many shoes he made for Marylin. I promise you, I could pick any pair, from any decade, wear it and be modern and elegant. In fact, some were so modern it was ridiculous. Ferragamo sells reproductions of some of her shoes, like the ruby ones.

Then there was the Mrylin tribute. Shoes, clothes from films, THE dress from Happy Birthday..., a moving room about her death, and some artwork (?) I guess, about her. She was gorgeous, her body was perfect judging from her clothes. The pink seath dress was so pretty I want it ever since. Why is there the rumour she was fat? She was just perfect.

Meanwhile, opposite the Happy Birthday dress was a big photo hanging on the wall, facing it. Jacky Kennedy's photo. I love the Italians!

My husband, who I had to dragg into the museum, eventually became very enthusiastic. He had a crush on Marylin after that, I believe ;) And it was clear to me he loved that style on women. So, a male vote for Marylin (as if she needed it).

I have to say, Marylin and Ferragamo was the perfect combination. I was ecstatic. I still am.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
Lucky you! There is indeed a misconception that Marilyn Monroe was heavy, but she wasn't. From what I've read about her, it's true that her weight could fluctuate some depending on whether she was stressed or abusing drugs and alcohol, but she was never what could even be considered overweight, IMO. I think the misconception may have also been spurred on because it's been stated she was a size 14, but a 1950s-early 1960s size 14 would be a modern day size 6 - thanks to today's vanity sizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner