Members in Uniform

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by aswatland, Apr 22, 2007.

1. aswatland

aswatland My Mail is Forwarded Here

So often forum members show pictures of themselves wearing their jackets with modern clothes. For a bit of fun it would be nice to see people in all the gear! Here are some of a member in original USAAF uniform. The hat is Fligher by Bancroft, the chocolate shirt is a wartime officer's, as is the Wembley tie, shoes are dated 1944and the pinks dated 1945. Our model is wearing all original A2 jackets in order, pics 1 and 2, Dubow with original 49th Fighter Squadron, 15th AF patch, pic 3 Rough Wear 1401P, pic 4, United Sheeplined and pic 5 the unnamed 27753 contract. :D :D :D :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Spitfire

Spitfire I'll Lock Up

Great shots!
    In WWII ther is a collection of members in uniform - not totally updated, but fun. Some great shots there too....

3. aswatland

Unfortunately it is locked!:mad:

4. PADDY

PADDY I'll Lock Up Bartender

With your permission...

GREAT JACKETS!!!!! what a collection you are building up. And there was me thinking it was merely the IRVIN BUG you'd caught!!! I'll pop these into the WW2 Gallery (Members in Uniform). Now tell the truth, do you go to work like that? As that would make an amazing History Lesson!! But I don't think it's on the NC right now [huh]

(I actually brought a Bomb Tag into one of my lessons [Primary School], to stimulate ideas for writing a story!!!! now that's another story).

5. aswatland

Thanks Paddy. Sadly I don't go to work dressed like this, though I have worn USAAF uniforms and RAF ones when invited by my Year 6 teachers to show the children when they are studying aspects of WW11. They all think I'm mad!:)

6. DiabolicalAngel

DiabolicalAngel One of the Regulars

Shame my kids didn't go to your school Andrew ! They would love you !! Fortunately on their mufti day, they would wear their little people Aero A-2's with bomb tags and Capri bells and little AAF t-shirts.

Hey, nice collection of jackets I must say ! You going to Duxford all dressed up or in regular civvies?

Cheers,

Roy

7. Clyde R.

Clyde R. One of the Regulars

Wonderful jackets, simply amazing. I commented on VLJ but just had to say that Dubow is one of the nicest I've seen. Just worn in and "beat up" enough to be PERFECT. ;)

8. aswatland

Thanks Roy. I tend not to dress up at Duxford, apart from wearing one of my flying jackets! :)