Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Memorial Day Refurb Project

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
View attachment 1621
Another view of the VS Dove. The front of the crown probably needs to be slightly taller. but the teardrop is much better than my first attempt. And, I hope to get better at this photo taking and attaching thing very quickly.

Hey Elveston,

That's a fine looking VS you have there. Great job bashing it too! That hat looks amazingly similar to a VS I sold on the bay, a few months ago, to a guy in Lake Houston. I can't seem to remember his name LOL. Great hat, I can't really pull off a super tall crown, though. I'm in the process with Art for a lower crowned custom VS.

View attachment 1621
Another view of the VS Dove. The front of the crown probably needs to be slightly taller. but the teardrop is much better than my first attempt. And, I hope to get better at this photo taking and attaching thing very quickly.

I think your front & sides need to be a tad taller as you stated. You don't really want the inner dome to be taller than the sides of the crease, at least I don't...JMHO

elveston

Familiar Face
Yep. Tall crowns and me just don't mix well. I measured the VS open crown between 6 1/2 and 7 inches. But the beaver just feels so good. I'll keep working on the front and sides because I agree with you, gtdean48. Unless, of course I have it looking so good already that Missouri Mason wants it back.
I've got the order in with Art for a Hitchhiker and an Artlite in Black Cherry ... both with much lower crowns. And, he's agreed to work his magic on the bashes.
In the meantime, I've just received the two Pilbara's I picked up at a great price on Ebay. I've already pushed the "Gus" bashes out to a full crown. Talk about a tall crown! Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

Missouri Mason

Familiar Face
I, too, am working on getting my order in for a custom VS, relatively short brim and crown. Must be my head shape, but short crowns are really it for me. The one exception seems to be cattleman crown westerns, which I rarely wear but look ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24