Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEN of the LOUNGE

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
LocktownDog said:
... and here's one my son took of me last night. Tinkering with grandpa's old mandolin. I may have to make it my avatar ... just to make Sophie happy. :D

me10.jpeg

oh i like this one. this is very nice. ;)
it has indeed made sophie a very happy lady.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bugsy, keep an eye out in the Events section for the QM announcement. The last Queen Mary event was in November, 2007 but this thread was started to show some pictures from the 2006 event. The other pictures are simply of men of the Lounge, not necessarily taken at a Fedora Lounge event. Is this what you were asking and did it answer your question?

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Blackjack said:
Hey LockTownDog, get us a standup player and a piano and we have ourselves a band for the next FL party!!!

Hah! You, sir, should never assume that I'm actually good. :D I had been working on a Django tune for so long and gotten nowhere with it, that I nearly smashed the darn instrument against the wall. I think I'll move to something slower and more subtle for a while.

Richard

pgoat

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Hah! You, sir, should never assume that I'm actually good. :D I had been working on a Django tune for so long and gotten nowhere with it, that I nearly smashed the darn instrument against the wall. I think I'll move to something slower and more subtle for a while.

Richard

wait a minute - that looks like a REALLY Old mandolin! What Django tune are you playing? I have an album from ca. 1985 with David Grisman playing some Django music. good stuff.

pgoat

One Too Many
Blackjack said:
Hey LockTownDog, get us a standup player and a piano and we have ourselves a band for the next FL party!!!
pic1.jpg

dude that is a beautiful kit. Look at those cymbals! Very Baby Dodds; are you using a high hat?

Blackjack

One Too Many
pgoat said:
dude that is a beautiful kit. Look at those cymbals! Very Baby Dodds; are you using a high hat?

Thanks, it serves me pretty darn well. Yeah, I'm using thin twelves that sound like their right out of the mid 30's. I call it my Chick Webb kit, without the temple blocks...haha

Blackjack

One Too Many
I'm guessing your a musician??? Yeah, I've always loved the old swing drumming styles and was very influenced by Genes playing. One of the main differences in the way drumming was approached then is the drummer layed down a solid four for the dancers not so much accenting the 2 and 4 , if you get my drift. That really drives a band in swingtime. I even use an old lambswool "bomber" pedal so the bass has more of a resonance to gel with the standup. haha, it's a lot of fun!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pgoat said:
wait a minute - that looks like a REALLY Old mandolin! What Django tune are you playing? I have an album from ca. 1985 with David Grisman playing some Django music. good stuff.

I am attempting to get through his version of Nocturne. Alas, my head hurts every time I even peek at the sheetmusic. He couldn't have been human. :eek:

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany